Tuesday 24 July 2018

"Stunning" by Monique

Good morning Scrap Matrix fans, Monique here sharing a layout I created whilst on my recent school holidays.
 In case you don't know there are some absolutely gorgeous new Scrap Matrix products in the shop at the moment.  I went for a bit of a shopping spree recently and when I saw the absolutely divine 7 Dots Studio Garden Party Range I just couldn't wait to play with it.

This is what I created:

For this layout, I used the Fairy Lights and Dreamy papers, as well as the 12x12 Tag Sheet, the 6x12 Word Sticker sheet, and the Garden Party Stamp Set.

First I started on the background.  I used the  AALL #16 stencil and added some texture paste to the background.  Next, I added some purple ink and then rubbed some Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique  Wax in Vintage Gold over the raised bits.  I also did some stamping with the Garden Party Stamp Set.


I then decided to add a bit more texture, and a few more images from that gorgeous stamp so I got a blank piece of tissue paper and stamped some more images onto it - like this:


Next, I carefully tore around the images and adhered to my page using matte medium.  I love adding stamped images this way, the tissue paper gives the stamped image a bit of texture and the matte medium dries clear so all your see is the image and the texture of the paper.

Once my background was finished I put some muslin down under where I wanted my Picture to go, and then backed my picture with a piece of Garden Party - Annual and some tags from the 12 x 12 Tag Sheet.  I added my photo to the background and then started embellishing with some fussy cut flowers from the Garden Party Dreamy paper, some stickers from the 6 x 12 word sticker sheet and some flowers from my stash.  I used a word from the 12 x 12 Arias Story Chipboard Words sheet, which I painted in purple ink and some gold paint.

Here are some close ups, you can see some of the stamped tissue paper images poking out from under my embellishments, so I hope you can see what I mean about that little bit of added texture.




Well, that's it from me today.  I hope you have been inspired to get yourself some of the gorgeous 7 Dots Garden Party range.

Here is a full list of the products I used from the Scrap Matrix shop:

7 Dots Garden Party Paper - Fairy Lights, Dreamy and Annual

Thank you for popping by xx.





No comments:

Post a Comment