Tuesday 29 May 2018

Life is good - Sandra Brimelow

Hi everyone, I am sharing today the second of my guest design team projects for Scrap Matrix, it has been fun to be back as a guest designer, especially with the fun products I have had to work with.
I love how this layout came together, and playing with lots of products available in the shop was what brought it together.

Life is Good


So this layout, is one I decided to create continuing to use the wonderful paper selection from 7 Dots Studio Hazy Days range, this one is Gelly. I really loved these papers.


I wanted to grunge the paper up a bit more, so sanded it with some sand paper first. I then applied Ranger texture paste transparent matte through a Heidi Swapp 12 x 12 heart stencil. Whilst the texture paste was still wet, I sprinkled some Prima art sugar - antique silver, this is a really fine glitter, and looks fabulous sprinkled on to the page lightly.


I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray over the background, to add a bit more colour, then did some stamping with Aall and Create stamp set # 25 and Ranger archival ink over the background randomly. 


So that's the background done, next came all of the embellishing. I stamped some feathers and leaves using the Aall and Create stamp set #11, Paper Artsy stamp set JOFY 32 and Ranger archival ink. I coloured the flowers and feathers with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst sprays and then fussy cut them.




I matted the photo using Heidi Swapp 6 x 6 mixed media die cut paper. Then I simply tucked all of my flowers, feathers and german scraps around the photo. 
Finishing touches came with MAMBI Hey You chips, (the little pack of chipboard that just keeps giving), 7 Dots Studio Lost and Found elements. ecru roots and Prima flower from my stash.




I love the colours that I managed to put together on this layout, and the fact that I actually created a feminine grungy layout. 
Thanks for having me here as a guest designer, it has been fun.



1 comment:

  1. Love that 'feminine grunge'! This page has so much to look at - it is really lovely. Lovely having you here Sandra! xx

    ReplyDelete