Friday 25 May 2018

"Everyday moments" .. with Alz

Morning peeps!

So the current Scrap Matrix challenge (What's the point?) got me thinking. What is the point, after all? Of anything? Of everything? Of nothing? Of life? In an effort to divert my mid life, existential crisis, I scrapped ..

Everyday moments

This is Harry. Harry is a ratbag. Don't get me wrong, I love and adore him, but he's a ratbag. This pic shows him sprawled on the top of the outdoor table out on our back deck where we like to have brunch from time to time. You know like, where we like to eat. There is no respecting boundaries with a ratbag! This is but one example of his ratbag-iness. Stay tuned .. there will be more. But meanwhile, he's also 'my little man', my ratbag, and a very, very sweet boy.

Have I digressed? I think that's my speciality. Digressing. See?!


When tackling this challenge, I knew I wanted to work with some 'pointy' papers and a grey-ish colour scheme, so Pinkfresh Boy's Fort was definitely the way to go. But first off I wanted to add some colour and texture to my background. I did this by .. smearing around some Dina Wakley Media acrylic paint in Marine and Elephant; applying Opaque Matte Ranger Texture Paste through an Aall and Create stencil (#7); and whilst that was still wet, sprinkling on some Antique Silver Prima Art Sugar. Once all of that was dry and I'd shaken off the excess Prima Art Sugar, I splattered some 13 Arts Splash Glitter Ink in black around the page.


With that all done and dusted I cut some 'pointy' borders out of the Pinkfresh Boy's Fort patterned papers (following angled patterns where I could) and adhered them to my page, some with foam tape to create some depth in my layers.

I also wanted to use some 'pointy' chipboard on my page ..

(hasn't Ratbag got just the cutest paw??)

I painted and inked a variety of Blue Fern Studio chipboard. The Tattered Diamond Bits were painted with the Elephant Dina Wakley Media acrylic paint and the Radiant Bursts were painted with Marine Dina Wakley Media acrylic paint. I inked my chipboard title Everyday Moments, also by Blue Fern Studio, with a black Ranger Archival Ink Pad.

The final step once everything was stuck down was to add just a few extra details with some final embellishments.


Small White Flowers scattered about, some black bling I cut from a Molossi Crystal Line, randomly placed, and a few words from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers and I was almost done.  Because they're quirky, and fun, and dogs (!!!) I had to add a Ryan Reaveley's Dylusions Creative Diary Die Cut Animal which I coloured in with Prima Watercolour Pencils.

Voila!

Don't forget you have until midnight on the 14th of June to add your entry to the appropriate album on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook page. Please also add details of the Scrap Matrix products you've used. Oh and don't forget (lol) to be inspired by this ..


.. as that's kinda the point (ha ha!) of the current challenge!

Wishing you happy, scrappy days.

Cheers .. Alz  :)



Scrap Matrix products used:
Pinkfresh Boy's Fort patterned paper - High Five and Thumbs Up
Dina Wakley Media acrylic paint - Marine and Elephant
Ranger Texture Paste - Opaque Matte
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Blue Fern Studio chipboard - Tattered Diamond Bits
Prima Watercolour Pencils - Scenic Route and The Basics

No comments:

Post a Comment