Tuesday 22 May 2018

"You'll Move Mountains" by Monique

Good morning scrappy folks,  Monique here sharing my layout for  this month's "The Point Is..." Challenge at Scrap Matrix.

This is a seriously cool, fun challenge - open to all sorts of interpretation.  Just to get the imagination ticking over, there is even a cool mood board for inspiration.


 As you can see, you can use triangles, chevrons, stars, arrows - anything at all so long as there is some "point" to it...lol.

This is what I created:
I decided to be a little different this time and go outside the box a little.  I used the Blue Fern Studio Ups and Downs Chipboard Panel  from Scrap Matrix to create the base of my layout.


I painted it with some Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Chalk Paint in Terracotta with a tiny bit of Venice Blue added.  Once it was dry I used my finger to soften it with a tiny bit of Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Chalk Paint in Glacier Ice from Seth Apter Boxed Paints (Set 4), then lightly sanded it back to add a little bit of texture.

I then fussy cut the geometric feature out of the Pink Fresh Paper - Escape the Ordinary/Explore and adhered slightly off centre of the chipboard panel.  To give it depth, I used some thick cardboard to lift it off the panel.

Next, I lightly sanded around my photo and adhered it to a piece of black cardstock.  Again, I used some thick cardboard to lift the photo up off the layout - all to give a sense of many layers. (I have to have layers - if I can't use texture paste, inks and stamps I have to do something...hehe.)

I picked some cool pointy embellishments from the Pink Fresh Escape the Ordinary Ephemera Pack and used them to create a visual triangle around my photo.

After I did that I decided it needed some more layers and some pops of black, so I used black cardstock to cover some of the chevron gaps in the chipboard panel, and then painted some of the leftover chevron pieces in black to adhere to the layout.

Finally, I used an Irresistible Pico Embellisher to trace around the black cardstock and the black chevron pieces, and some gold leaf to pick up the gold in the ephemera I used.

Here are some close ups:




Well that's it from me for now.  Don't forget if you want to participate in this Pointy challenge, complete your project by the 14 June and upload it to the "The Point Is.." folder on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Page.

Thank you for popping by the blog.  All the links to the Scrap Matrix shop for the products I have used can be found below:










No comments:

Post a Comment