Wednesday 3 July 2019

'You still give me butterflies'....a layout by Tam

Hi lovely ones!

Tam here to share my first take on the current challenge.

You know how much I adore colour, so when our challenges are colour based, I am totally in my happy place.




All those shades of pink, orange and yellow make me so giddy.....they are not my 'go to' colours, in fact I rarely use pinks and oranges but hey I love all colour!





I love the movement that those butterflies created up the page.




Let's take a look at how this came together....




I began by grabbing some butterfly stamps...

I bought this Tracy Stamp when she came to Victor last year, and shame on me, I hadn't used it yet.....that's what gave me the idea for the page.

I am so looking forward to her new stamps, she has that gorgeous new butterfly stamp coming - I'm too impatient to wait, especially once I get an idea in my head, so I dug out this Stampers Anonymous one as it is kinda similar......

GOOD NEWS!! The Tracy Stamp arrived since I've wrote this original post (I've just popped in with an update). HERE is where you'll find it.




I went to town stamping them onto white cardstock.

Time to colour them in.

I'm loving my Art by Marlene watercolours in 'Bold and Bright' - so bright, so me, so I used those.

Initially I began being ultra perfect - staying inside the lines - but it didn't last long and I got messy and broke the rules! I prefer those butterflies so much more.....don't be too much of a perfectionist...being creative is about experimenting and discovering.




Time to sit in front of some Netflix whilst I cut them out.




Love those pops of colour!

I then cut out a few odd butterflies from some leftover 7Dots paper.
Of course I had to colour them.




Next I decided to make some of my own paper....
I just grabbed some black paint and a brush and painted some lines.




Quick and easy and again, imperfect.

So now it's time to work on the background...








Once dry, I again added watercolour paint...




Now time to add in that striped paper I created....




I also added strip from a leftover piece of Pink Paislee

Before adding the strips.....I added a strip of Washi Tape....




Now I add the strips, ensuring they are curled and torn along the edges....




Time to add the photos, and add a few tags, cut from scraps...

I also added in my title and journaling first.....I used some of the alpha stickers from the Art by Marlene Whimsy Sticker pack.
I added a few bits and pieces in, just to give me a guide for the butterflies....you see I was worried that once I added the butterflies, I wouldn't know when to stop and I'd have nowhere for anything else.




I also added a few flicks of black paint, just to tie in those bold stripes.

Ok time to go nuts with those butterflies!!




The best way to stick them on is to use matte gel.




Just a bit down the centre of each butterfly is all you need, and that enables the wings to sit up and have some dimension.





To finish it off, I tucked some guaze around the photos.




That's it today!!





Another bright, happy layout.

If you'd like to join in this month, all you need to do is create something based on our colour moodboard and then upload it to the corresponding album over on the Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares Page. Just let us know in the comments what Scrap Matrix products you used!

So simple!!




See you over on my Blog!



Stampers Anonymous Stamp
Tracy Scott Stamp Set 26
Dylusions Washi Tape
7Dots Paper - Nature's Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment