Friday 12 July 2019

Tam can't stop playing!!

Hey there creatives.

So....have I had fun with the current moodboard!
I may have got carried away.

As my go-to colours are generally blues, greens and teals,  playing with oranges and pinks was a bit of a challenge....but one I LOVED and once I started, I couldn't stop.

That's the beauty of  challenges. 
They force you to try something different....to think outside the box.




I began with this one, firstly drawing the face and then adding in lots of Tracy Scott flower stamps in the hair. 

I used Set ETS124 and ETS21

All the colour was added using Art by Marlene's watercolours in Bold and Bright.



To be honest, I don't like this one, I felt like I'd ruined the scribble flower by adding in black outlines.




You see I tried stamping and embossing with them, but it didn't work and I tried to cover it up with thicker lines.





After lots of fiddling, I just resigned myself to the fact that it hadn't worked, and it was time to move on.

Always good to try things out though, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

So time to turn a new page......




This one was inspired by Michelle Grant. I love her flowery hair designs.

I also combined it with a previous post I did where I created watercolour flowers in the background of a scrapbook layout.....here's a reminder of the page.....and you'll find the details HERE.




I really enjoyed creating flowers out of blobs, so using the same technique, I again created a face, then added some watercolour blobs around the face using Art by Marlene Watercolours.




I let them run and then once dry went in and drew in flowers with a black pen and a white pen.

I just love those drips!!




So much happier!!!

And to be honest, so much easier!!!
Sometimes simpler is better.




I then added a sticker from the Art by Marlene Whimsy Sticker book.




I have also created some watercolour cards.



I love the sunset image in the moodboard.




and I have a bit of a thing for trees....







So simple, and so great to have some cards on hand.


Ok, now I promise this is the last one for today....




I absolutely love that Tracy Scott Stencil....




I added Art by Marlene Watercolour and again allowed it to drip down the page.




I then added some 'Peach Nectar' PaperArtsy paint through the stencil using a dry baby wipe.





I then added a Dina Wakley stamp sentiment and I grabbed some black paint and flicked it onto the page and swiped it around the edges.

The final step was to add some pen marks - the secret is to work quickly!

Ok, I think I'm DONE!!

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Here's the moodboard




and here's a link to the details about this months challenge.

I'll see you next month

Luv Tam
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment