Tuesday 18 August 2020

Spritz and Spray with Jen

 Hi Everyone!

  Are you enjoying the challenge this month so far?   I see there are a few entries already posted on the Facebook share page and they are fantastic!  I hope to inspire a few more entries today. 

 

I've created a small canvas to share with you today. I've used Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays that have a shimmer.

 

I didn't really have a plan when I first started. I knew what I would like to use but I was unsure if I would use them.

 

I glued strips of 7 Dots Studio papers (Cotton Candy and Write's Block) across my canvas and covered them with gesso.  

 

 I did hope that some of the detail on the papers would show through.

 

I glued on the metal elements that I wanted to form the base of my design first and coated them with gesso. Then the rest of my metal elements, shapes, jewels, stones and beads. Next, a final coat of gesso.

 

Once dry I sprayed my lightest colour in the middle and worked my way towards the edges using darker shades.  It required a couple of coats to get the result I wanted.  I had hoped that the colours would drip along the strips, but they didn't.  At least not the way I wanted. 


To highlight some of my elements I added some wax from my stash just to make a few details stand out.

 

I finished with a Tim Holtz sticker.

I hope you like it.

Jen.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment