Tuesday 14 April 2020

Inspired by Tammy : April challenge, Journal page

Hello everyone,
What a year!!! 
Let us share in some relief away from the world events. 
I have to confess, I was struggling with the bombardment of news and was finding it hard in myself to spend time in the craft room. I have had ideas in my head but no drive in my body. 
I always love listening to the radio while I'm crafting, but for this project, I switched off the outside world and as I call it...'put my Tammy on'! Tammy inspires us all with her variety of projects and it felt really good to get messy with paint again. 
It is really important to look after your mindset at the moment so give yourself some craft time... you wont regret it.
#stayathome #staysafe







This is Tammys' page that inspired me for my project. I have not played with faces very much so I have used a large face from a magazine.






I have used a gesso page which I sprayed Distress Oxide Sprays - faded jeans, cracked pistachio and picked raspberry. I then sprayed the page with water which reacted with the oxide. Once this had dried, I created some drips with Lindys spray - stardust. Over the face, I painted clear gesso so that I could add a skin tone colour gelato to tone down the picture,





For my butterflies, I painted a page in stripes of Paper Artsy paints - aqua duck egg, zesty zing and blah mange. The butterflies and the wording are from three Paper Artsy stamp sets : Tracy Scott ETS26ETS20 and ETS21. Before I glued these to the page, I have added some black paint splatters. To finish the page, I have used some gelatos to colour the edges in a darker blue and added some tan colouring around the face.


On the Scrapmatrix Shares page, there is an album of Tammys' layout which is filled with inspirations. Good luck stopping at one!
Happy Crafting 


No comments:

Post a Comment