Thursday 16 April 2020

Illuminate by Tanya Froud


Hi Guys.

My first project was 100% Tammy Inspired.


At the time this was created.. My mojo had really had moved out. Gone.. MIA.
 We were looking down the barrel of uncertainty. Adjusting to life that was far from normal. Lock-down. Work changes. Home schooling. All this takes a toll mentally.
I would sit at my desk and want to create, make something and just disconnect, but it wouldn't come. After procrastinating for ages, I had an idea, seeing as this was a Inspired by Tammy month, well I should be Inspired by Tammy.

I asked Tammy to name 6 products and a quote to use on a project.
Tammy responded with 
-Gesso
-2x stencils
-Lots of Paint
-Tissue or Collage paper
-A stamp
-Pen work
and the quote "illuminate the dark with joyful art"

This quote truly spoke to me after feeling so dark. The ideas flowed.
A light in the dark...

From there I grabbed products.

I started with a sheet of white heavy weight cardstock and sketched out a light bulb shape.



I then used dark blues and white gesso and from the light bulb out starting with white worked out ending in the darkest color. Dry completely.
I then sponged black paint through the carabelle stencil.

I painted the light bulb in white gesso. I added some shadows  with a black pastel crayon.



I then stamped some vines onto tissue paper and loosely cut them out. Taking the first vine I stuck it down with clear gesso and then colored it with green paint.




Once fully dry I watered down white gesso and painted over the vine, to make it disappear, slightly translucent. (you want it to appear like its on the other side of the light bulb.)
I then repeated this step collaging more vines over the light bulb, skipping the gesso so that this time it was on top and in brighter colors.


I then used the rose stencil and added some flowers using white gesso and then pink paint over the top. I then dabbed yellow dots near to add more color.

I went back in with pastels and added more shadows.

Once done I finished of with a white paint pen and added some finer details and a quote which I had printed.




For my second layout, I looked at all Tammy's work, found things that stood out to me and then combined them all in one layout. Now I could tell you which ones but where is the fun in that?
Instead head over and take a look at Tammy's work and see if you can pick some..



Well that's it for now..
Thanks for looking, stay safe everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment