Saturday 18 April 2020

A Rainbow of Inspiration






Welcome back!

I have two projects that have been inspired by Tammy this time.  

The first one is using stamps to create something different from their original purpose. 




I've been blown away by Tammy's creations and thought I'd give it a go.  




Once again I've used Paperartsy's products.  They are my 'go to' items. 
First I gessoed two pages in my large Dylusions journal using a brayer.


Then I've grabbed Butter, Guacamole, Mermaid, Wisteria and Lilac along with the stencils PS154, PS155 and PS156.  


Then with a very wet brush I splashed Wisteria and Lilac onto my pages.  Grabbing a baby wipe, I removed some colour using the stencils, and sponged Mermaid and Snowflake through another.  I repeated this with Butter and Guacamole onto the bottom part of the page.  It's very messy but fun.
I made the insects/butterflies from the flowers in JOFY82.  I just used two petals and removed the third.


Next I used Stone, Truffle and Mushroom to paint the tree and limb.


On a journal page that I had removed, I sponged Snowflake, Surf's Up and Lake Wanaka and stamped the head from JOFY54, the wing from JOFY82.  I stamped the small 'feathers' from ETS09 onto a section painted with Snowflake and filled in the feathers with the blues. I then cut out a rough body for my baby kookaburra.  The beak was the large heart from ETS09 which I trimmed.  It was painted with Mushroom.


My gum leaves, gumnuts and flowers came from JOFY90, JOFY53 and EKD06.  The leaves were painted with Sage, Tinned Peas and Pewter.  The gumnuts were done with Mushroom and Haystack.  The flowers were made by sponging Haystack onto my extra page and stamped in Cheesecake, which didn't show up well, so I stamped them again with black Staz-on.  I then detailed the gumnuts and flowers with Cheesecake dots.

I added more details with my coloured pencils, a white Posca and a grey Pitt pen.

>^.^<

Now onto my next project.  



This was inspired by her dream catcher.




First I covered a page from my Art by Marlene journal with black gesso.  



Then using Stencil PS124 I sponged Tango, Zesty Zing, Limelight and China onto the page.



Onto my scrap paper I sponged Tango and Zesty Zing in one spot and Limelight and China in another.  I then stamped the Small Circle from ETS35 four times.  and cut them out.  I stamped the 'strings' from EKC02 in Zesty Zing and stamped the small flowers in Limelight and Tango. 

I added the quote and details in white Posca pen.  

So that's it. 
 I hope my interpretation of Tammy's designs inspires you to give it a go.

Stay safe everyone.

Jen
>^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment