Wednesday 18 December 2019

Shimmery Journal Pages


Hi Everone!  
Once again I'm back with a project for you to have a look at.  
I've had some difficulty trying to decide what I was going to do for my final project.

 I always have trouble finding my creative muse this time of the year. I'm not sure if it's the stress that this time of the year brings or if it's the heat, but I have managed to do a couple of pages for you in my large Dylusions Journal
I've grabbed my favourite mediums and just 'played' with them. This is the result. I hope you like them. 

The first page is a nice and light page. I had a particular poem in mind for it, but it had too many lines, so I went with a simple quote.


For this page I used:

Gesso 
Paperartsy Paints - Tinned Peas, Zucchini, Haystack, Gold, White Fire
Faber-Catell Gelatos - Satellite, Metallic Blueberry, Iced Pear, Metallic Mint,
 Gold Champagne, Ice Chai, Iced Rose, Iced Currant
Carabelle Studios stamp - Leafs
Paperartsy Stamp - ETS28 
TCW Stencils - TCW775s , TCW461s, TCW261s
Ink - Black, Blue, Green, Brown
Wet Wipes / Baby Wipes
Faber-Castelle Pitt Pen - Warm Grey

I removed a double page from my journal. I covered half of it with random blotches of Tinned Peas, Zucchini and Haystack.
Once dry I covered them with Gold and White Fire to create my shimmer. 
I then stamped my leaves onto the paper and cut them out.



I gessoed my page and scribbled my chosen gelatos over the page.  Using a baby wipe to moisten my fingers, I smoothed the colours out and over my page.
I then placed the mandala stencils over the page and using a baby wipe removed the colour. This medium is not fixed and will smudge when gluing or brushing anything onto the page. To fix it, I use a brayer with gloss gel.
There are also spray-on mediums but I've never used those, and sometimes it's about working with what you have!



My next step was to grab the 'Art is' text stencil and my green , blue and brown Ink Blending Tools (IBT's).  I used the residual leftover colour on the IBT's to create the words on the page.



I stamped the bunch of leaves stamp onto the top left corner twice then adhered the leaves to the page with gel medium.  On the leftover paper I used the gelatos Iced Currant and Iced Rose and stamped one of  Tracey Scott's butterflies.  I cut it out and placed it along with the quote on the page.




My second page was done in a similar way but I've used black gesso instead. The stamps and stencil was sponged with paperartsy Gold paint and the quote is from 7 Dots Studio.  



I've used:
Paperarsty Stencil - PS156
Paperartsy Paint - Gold
Carabelle Studios stamps - Scribbled Leafs and Textured Circles

Well there you go.  That's it from me. 
I hope you all have a safe and merry Christmas.
 I hope to see you in the new year.  

I'm off to find my missing mojo...  It's go to be around here somewhere...

Jen. >^^<


No comments:

Post a Comment