Friday 6 December 2019

Christmas Wall Art -Tanya Froud

Hi Guys!

Can you believe Christmas is nearly here!!!
With Christmas comes... BLING... lots of pretty shiny decorations, lots of sparkly glitter  and this is what my inspiration was for this project.



To start with I grabbed an old paper mache Reindeer head from the decoration box... now this thing has been every color imaginable over the years, sadly I have no photos!! ( I did go hunting with no luck!) and sprayed him matte white with some cheap spray paint and let dry.

I then grabbed what seems to be my go to stamps at the moment, Tracey Scott flower stamps.. I LOVE them so much...

I then grabbed my Prima Watercolors and painted them in my chosen colors, Red and Aqua/ Blue and then dried and fussy cut them out... I just made lots and lots, I now have some spares ready and waiting for another project...
I then used my hot glue gun and dabbed a little bead of glue in center and sprinkled the Micro Beads in the glue




I then moved back to my reindeer and using Metallic Wax Rub, I added some hint of blues to the white.


 I then coated the top of his head in TCW gel medium (fairly thick)and then sprinkled Distress Glitter and 13 Arts Glass Microspheres into the wet medium.. This takes a little while to dry so set aside and go grab a cuppa...


Once the glitter is dry its time to arrange the flowers and finish up the embellishing.. I used a hot glue gun to burn my fingers AND secure the flowers.

Well that's it from me I hope I have inspired you to look at decorations you already have and up-cycle them to give them a new lease on life....



No comments:

Post a Comment