Tuesday 10 December 2019

Wild at Heart

Hi everyone!  I'm back again, this time with a canvas. 


When I was given this month's mood board I immediately reached for my Art Alchemy Opal Magic Acrylic Paint.
I love these paints, mainly because they change colour. On a white background they are one colour, and on black they are another.  So much fun to use. 
As usual the end product was nothing like I had envisioned at the start.
 I've used a couple of different techniques hoping to inspire you all to try something different with the items you may have in your stash of products.  So here goes...



You will need:

20cm x 20cm Canvas
Text stamp
Micro Beads 
Black Ribbon

 Instructions:

I first placed the stencil in the centre of my canvas and applied the Modelling Paste. 
( Please note: that while stamping or using a stencil on a canvas you will need to place something behind the canvas at the same height of the canvas. I use a small book. This helps to keep the surface even, especially for stamping.) 

Once  dry I covered the entire surface with black gesso.  After letting this dry, I placed the stencil over the modelling paste and sponged on my paints. I've used Blue-Gold, Green-Gold, Violet-Gold and Violet-Green.  I went over the edges with gesso wherever the paint bled with a small brush to keep my image clean.


I then sponged Opal Magic paint onto my stamps and quickly stamped them onto the canvas and a piece of 7 Dots paper (Annual). They dry really quick up here in the Far North. (Please clean your stamp immediately after use. Once dry the paint is difficult to remove.) 



I stamped the largest mandala stamp on to 7 Dots paper (Fairy Lights) and cut it out.  I then cut three pieces from the same paper.  I then sponged the edges of all the paper with Opal Magic paint and glued them to the canvas.


 Next I got some flowers from my stash. For one I just sponged the edges of the petals with paint but the others, (yes, there is a Small third flower), I painted a couple of coats until none of the original colour showed.  I arranged and attached them along with my photo and metal flowers to the canvas with Gel Medium.
 I've used a photo of my cat, Jazzy.  She's a sweet kitty who , much to my dismay,  prefers life outside. 




Lastly I've sprinkled on the Microbeads in areas where I painted on a little gel medium. (Beware! These suckers have a nasty habit of going everywhere!  I dropped a full container a couple of years ago on the floor. I'm still finding them in all sorts of nooks and crannies).  I do this inside a box.  Please learn from my mistakes. I also added some black ribbon and glued it with gel medium.


Anyway there you are. It's all done.
  I have this canvas in my dining area.  The suns reflects off the shed out the back onto it and it shines so nicely.
 I was unable to capture this with my camera though.  

I hope this inspires you to go and create something.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment