Wednesday 4 December 2019

Bling it on! = Christmas = cards!!


Hello,
December is my favourite month. I love everything Christmas, so for me, bling is Christmas. This is a busy time of year for everyone but we are all so lucky to be able to escape with our craft... I hope you find a little time just for you. 






How cute is this mouse? I added my own touch with the Christmas hat. He is from Zinski Art Set 45 by Paper Artsy. To add bling, I have painted him with Art Alchemy Opal Magic Acrylic Paint and hopefully you can see in the picture  that he shines! I used Violet Gold which has pink 'mousy'tones and a gold shimmer. With a bit of colouring in, he has come up a treat.

 

I started the card base by stamping the star shape stamp from Tracy Scott ETS24.  On one card, I painted random brush strokes. On these projects,  I have used Slimed, cloud 9, lake wanaka, mulled wine and aqua duck egg colours of  Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints . On another card I  used Dylusions Paint in dirty martini and postbox red, drying in between so that the colours don't mix. Using 6x6" 7 Dots - Cotton Candy Dreams - Stars and Colour Blast Colour Paste in sienna and bling, I added the next layers.


Before putting the cards together, I made a green sheet of paper on my gel plate using the paper artsy colours that I have mentioned. I used half the paper for my third card and on the other half I cut out some Christmas trees. I fussy cut the mice and tucked the tree shape under his arm. The black stars and the wording are from my own collection, for the finishing touches.










I hope you have enjoyed reading these instructions and look forward to seeing your creations. 
Have a great day and a wonderful festive season.



No comments:

Post a Comment