Sunday 10 November 2019

Blooming Beauty

Hello once again I'm back sharing another project using the 
wonderful products available at Scrap matrix.

This time I've done a layout using some of my favourite photos.  These were taken some time ago and feature my beautiful niece. Her birthday is in a few days and I am going to use this to wish her a wonderful birthday. 





This months prompt is Powerful Blooms and instantly brings to mind big showy flowers. But, to me, it's that powerful reaction that some flowers evoke.

Pansies remind me of the back path leading to my great-grandmother's little cottage. Snapdragons, sweet peas and marigolds bring back wonderful memories of running around my grandmother's garden as a child.  My other grandmother had a collection of orchids and African violets that would make any gardener's heart swoon. All little flowers but powerful memories.

So with those wonderful memories on my mind I decided to do this layout. 
Here is a list of products you'll need. 

First I chose two pieces of complimenting papers from 7 Dots.(I love how most of the collections match with each other.) I tore one roughly in half and attached it to the top of the other and covered it with gesso.  Then using my stencil and modelling paste I went over the join. I was going to sprinkle a little glitter over the paste but of course that was when my husband came home early and gave me a fright. Glitter everywhere! Oh well, I like a little sparkle in my life. I left it to dry.



Having chosen my colours I dabbed the pinks using a brush  over the page and spritzed them with water to make them run. Well it was a bit too pink for me, so I also sprayed on some Clam Bake Beige. This toned it down and added a lovely shimmer. I stamped some of the flowers randomly over the page making sure I only got the flowers and not the stems.  I also stamped these onto white cardstock and coloured some with Rose Quartz using a brush. I wanted some white space on them so it was done haphazardly.





I cut some strips from another piece of 7 Dots paper, (I'm sorry I didn't take note of which ones I used), and attached them to the page. I placed a few tags and die cuts from 7 Dots and the fussy cut flowers around my photos until I was happy with the layout.  I looped the cord through one tag and around the page then glued everything down. I added  the sequins and splatters of White Linen and Slate grey.  



Lastly I added the quote stickers also from 7 Dots Studio. 



There you have it, another project done and dusted. 

Happy Birthday Chelsea!

Jen.






2 comments: