Wednesday 3 April 2019

Fly Challenge......with Tam

Good morning creative souls,
 
Tam here today to share my first creation for our current challenge....
 
use 'Fly' in a quote......
 
 

 
 
I'm loving the softer colour tones with the black and white.....POP!
 
 
 
 
 


Look at all those beautiful Tracy Scott scribbled flowers!!
Yum!

 
 
My favourite of her stamps EVER!!!!!
 
Let's take a look at how this came together....
 
 
 
 
I began by stamping a whole heap of the scribble flowers, in both large and small.
Make sure you use a waterproof ink so you can add some colour.
 
 
 
 
Now time to colour them in.....
I wanted to try something a little different, I wanted something a little softer than the bold, bright colours I usually gravitate to....
 
 
 
 
 
Dina paints are quite opaque and the last thing I wanted to do was cover up those gorgeous scribble lines, so I added lots of water to each until they had the consistency of watercolour paint.
 
I then painted them on quite randomly - I tried not to think about this part!
 
 
 
 
Time to cut them out.
Sigh what a pile of happiness!!
 
Ok, onto the background...
to enhance the colour, I decided to go with black and white, but then totally black seemed a little harsh, so I combined some Dina Wakley 'Black' and 'White' paint to create a grey.
 

 
 
I added water and then added some to some old plastic packaging.
I again added water.....
 
 
 
 
.....turned it over and splodged it onto a sheet of white cardstock.
 
 
 
 
Using this technique allows you to have some control over where the paint sits on your page.
It's also really satisfying watching it 'smooodge' through the plastic.
 
I also added a few flicks of paint too.
I want the flowers to cascade down the page so I placed the background from the top right of page down to the bottom left.
 
 
 
I then added some random stamping.
I used these circles from the same Tracy Scott stamp set as the scribbled flowers.
 
I also used a AALL & Create Stamp for the background too.
 
 
 
Once happy, it was time to add my photos and flowers.
 
I added a few tags around the photos, and then used some gorgeous 'German Scrap' Angel Wings to go with the 'fly' theme.
 
 
 
 
I cut them in half, adding a Mambi Chip to the centre and a couple of word stickers by 7Dots Studio.
I added my quote to a couple of 7Dots Tags.
 
 
 
 
I then added the flowers.....
 
I felt I needed a few more pops of black to balance out the black tag and angel wings which were quite heavy on the right hand side, so I added a bold circle stamp, again by Tracy Scott.
 
I also grabbed some metal flowers and added black gesso, and tucked these throughout the layout.
 
 
 
 
and just like that I'm happy.
 
 
 
 
Here's a few more shots.......
just cause I always take too many.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Are you going to have a go at this challenge,
I sure hope so......
 
 
 
 
Load your entries into the 'Fly' Album over at Scrap Matrix Shares and add a comment telling us which Scrap Matrix products you used (the more the merrier!).
 
Do this by the end of April to be in the running for a Scrap Matrix Voucher!
 
I'll be back soon with another share, until then feel free to pop over to my blog.
 
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
(lemon, turquoise, blushing, black, white)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment