Friday 12 April 2019

Tam flies in with TWO Art Journal pages.....

Hello there creative souls.....
 
Tam here to share my second bit of creating for our awesome 'FLY' challenge....
 
I've created TWO Art Journal pages......
 
The first is......




I used the quote:
"Take these broken wings and learn to FLY"
 
and yup now you are all singing!!!




I used my black 8x8 Journal and brushed on some white gesso first.
 
To create the background I used a stencil by The Crafter's Workshop called 'Sweet Posy'.
 
It looks fabulous every time, I just use sections rather than the whole 12x12 shape.




I recently purchased a soft pink Dylusions paint called 'Rose Quartz'.
 
I have most of the BRIGHT colours, but sadly, am very lacking in the soft tones.
 
Time to try something different!!
 
 
 
 
 I also added some Dina Wakley paint in 'Fuschia' and my go to 'black' and 'white'.
 
I love the grey I achieved by mixing.
 
 
 
 
To create the feathers, I used a Kinder Kreations Stencil.
 
 
 
 
I simply used a pencil to trace with the stencil directly onto the page.
 
I turned the stencil over to ensure the feathers were going in different directions.
 
This gives a more natural 'floaty' feel.
 
I then painted over them with the above paints.
 
 
 
 
I really just 'winged it' until I was happy.
 
I added dots, and once dry a few simple pen marks using my Fudeball pen.
 
I added a few flicks of the paint as well.
 
 
 
 
I then hand drew some little birds.....I wanted them to  look like they were coming off the feathers.
 
I added my quote in and done!!!
 
 
Time to share my second creation......
 
For this one I cracked open my Dina Wakley 8x10 Journal!
EEEEEEEKKK!!
 
 
 
 
This one began as I had a leftover scribbled flower from the last page I created.....
 
I couldn't waste it so.......
 
 
 
 
I firstly created a face using Scribble Sticks.....
 
 
 
 
I added water to the scribbles to allow the colour to drip down the page.
 
 
 
 
 
You'll notice I only created half a face.....
 
I can never seem to match up the eyes, so I cheated and added my quote to that section.
 
 
 
 
 
I used Ideaology alpha foam stamps by Tim Holtz and just added my own handwriting.
 
 
 
 
 
I then stamped a few of the Paper Artsy Tracy Scott  'Scribble flowers' above the face, in both the small and large size.
 
 
 
 
I added some Dina Wakley paint in 'Turquoise', 'Lemon' and 'Blushing'.
 
 
 
 
I love these pastel hues together.
 
 
 
 
This is the same technique I used last time, so you can see step by steps of that HERE.
 
I added the leftover flower from my last page over the top of some of the flowers and love that it sits up off the page a little.
 
So that's it from me today.....
 
I hope it's inspired you to have a go at our 'FLY' Challenge.
 
 
 
 
Just head to our Facebook Shares Group and upload your creation!
 
Let us know which Scrap Matrix Products you've used.
 
I can't wait to see them!
 
Colourful hugs,
xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment