Monday 10 December 2018

I'm a guest DT ! - by Michelle

Hey everyone !
Michelle here as a guest DT this month. I am so lucky to be joining this great team for a little while.

This month's challenge is based around the colour wheel ! I have already created two very rainbow inspired art journal pages but this time I've used the colour wheel a little differently. You can find my previous pages and the challenge on the Scrap Matrix Shares facebook group.




I started by using the colour wheel to choose a triad of colours. I have choosen blue-green, yellow-orange and red-violet.
Here are the paints I also thought matched this scheme the best.






I have used scrapbooking paper to start my background. I've added colour to it using a gel plate and stencil. Then I've used black through a stencil on top of that. I've also stamped randomly using black too. 

The stencils I've used are Carabelle Studios- Mask with boxes,  TCW tiny circles (12x12) and also the 7dots Hazy days stamp set.

I have painted some chipboard in white gesso and then in the 3 colours above.

I have used an off cut piece of the original scrapbooking paper to use as a layer under my focal point. My focal point is an image from another piece of paper I had handy. The 2 pieces I've used are 13arts Creativity and 7 dots Garden party - Knotty.

Here is a closer up image of my focal point. I hope I've inspired you to use a colour wheel next time your choosing colours !! 



Michelle Bee 🐝
x


4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, Congrats on the Guest Spot, it's lovely to have you on board. I really like the Triad scheme you chose. It's not something I would be drawn to, but you've made those colours sing! The chipboard adds good texture and the little focal point is a gem. Inspirational work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have you designing with us you clever chick!! Love these colours together. I’d never pick them but they look just fabulous. Hmmm think I need to invest in a colour wheel and some eggplant and cheddar paint!!

    ReplyDelete