Saturday 8 December 2018

'Arty Angels' by Elisa Ablett


Hi everyone,

Oh my goodness, December already! this year has flown by....

Instead of getting all Christmasy at Scrap Matrix for our Challenge, Vicki went with a veritable rainbow of colours which is just AMAZING!

This is a fabulous challenge as it gives us all a chance to learn a bit more about the colour wheel if we are rusty or to use the entire Rainbow and I LOVE COLOUR.

Here is the link to the challenge album in the Scrap Matrix Shares facebook group.

No automatic alt text available.
 

After a bit of research I wanted to show you what you can do with a colour scheme that sits next to each other on the colour wheel, it's called an Analogous Colour Scheme. 

Analogous Colours from the Colour Wheel - Analogous colour schemes use colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel. They usually match well and create serene and comfortable designs. Analogous colour schemes are often found in nature and are harmonious and pleasing to the eye. 

I picked a 'cool' colour Analogous scheme of Blues, Turquoise and Greens and I was inspired by the water colour colour wheel in the bottom left hand corner of the challenge graphic.

 
Related image


Products and links to the Scrap Matrix Shop: - 

Head on over today to check out the great range of Scrapbooking and Mixed Media products on offer.








http://scrapmatrix.com/search.php?search_query=paint+chips - 7Dots Paint Chips Collection, Tags and Stickers.

Let's take a look at the close ups for the finer details :- 


To colour my Angels, I sprayed a small amount of each of the colours onto my craft messy mat and used a small paint brush to colour my Angels. I also added more water where needed to create a more pastel version of the colours.


Add some coordinated accents like wings, tags, tabs, quotes and distressed sewing! 


To create some texture in the background, I added some modelling paste through a stencil, and then used the sprays over the top and then tipped my page so the sprays would run down over the stencilled back ground. 


Add some extra hand drawn circles over the top of your wheels that you have created and some inking through stencils and splatters to tie the layout together.

That's it from me today, thank you for stopping by the blog, i hope i have inspired you to take on the Colour Wheel challenge and also an Analogous Colour Scheme!

Hugs xx

Elisa 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love that you've used the colour wheel to really think about colour ! It comes together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete