Tuesday 4 December 2018

Art Journal Page - the colour wheel ... by Lynn

Heeellllloooo everyone, 

Lynn here today to share with you the art journal page that I have created for this months challenge.

THE COLOUR WHEEL - what an awesome moodboard - so many options.

I was instantly attracted to the eye and wanted to do something around that image.




No automatic alt text available.

Here is my journal page:



For the background I have used the colours as they are on the colour wheel - this is the most pleasing to the eye.

I have used scribble sticks - but I didnt place them directly onto the paper - I have used a very wet brush and wiped the ink from the scribble sticks onto my mat giving me more of a water colour effect. 


I have gone over each colour a couple of times to get the density that I liked.  It is important that the colours are dry before adding another colour or you just might make mud!

I have hand-drawn an eye on a seperate piece of paper and then cut it out and stuck it down onto my journal page. Definately at the ugly stage here without lashes!!!! (and I increased the blue of the eye so that it goes to the bottom of the eye)



Using the scribble sticks again I have added some more colour around the eye and let it drip down.

To fit in with the saying I have also added some tears (which is from a raindrop stamp) and some stars on the other side using texture paste and a dusty attic star stencil.

The eyelashes were made with a combination of a water colour pencil and a black paint pen.

The words were printed onto a transparency and then glued onto the page - I find this better than my hand writing!!!



I will link the products used below so you can easily find them in the Scrap Matrix Store.

I hope that you find some time to join in this month - it is easy peasy - just take a photo of your project and upload it into the December Album in the Scrap Matrix Shares page.










No comments:

Post a Comment