Sunday 9 December 2018

Creating with Tints, Shades and Tones - by Monique

Good Morning Everyone, Monique here sharing my latest layout which I created for the Scrap Matrix "Colour Wheel" challenge.

This image is so cool and so open to interpretation.



 
 
 My mind was in a spin about how to interpret this challenge, just sooooo many options.  Eventually I decided to do a literal interpretation of the colour wheel, and use the back of the colour wheel - as shown - to create a monochromatic layout using my favourite colour BLUE!!!!!



The cool thing about using the colour wheel to create monochromatic art is that all the colours will blend harmoniously, because the base colour is the same.  It's very easy to do this:

1.  To create various TINTS - Add white.

2.  To create various TONES - Add grey. (A mixture of black and white)

2.  To create various SHADES - Add black.

Colour wheels are so good for helping you with using colour - they help with choosing colours that blend well together, and help with mixing various other colours harmoniously.  You can find colour wheels in the Scrap Matrix Shop here and here.
 
Now I had stamped a variety of images from this Tracy Scott Stamp Set, and I wanted to create various colours to use.  I got out some Dylusions Paint in After Midnight and also some white and black paint, and put it all on the craft sheet on my Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat.  I then began mixing up my colours using After Midnight, White, Black and Grey.

This is what it looked like -


 I then used these colours to paint some stamped images from the Tracy Scott Stamp Set 13.



Next, I cut them out and to add some definition to the images I went over them in black pen.

This is what I look like when I added them to my layout, along with some images I left black and white:


Here is a full list of all the Scrap Matrix products I used, including links to where they are in the shop:

Dylusions Paint - After Midnight and Black Marble
AALL and Create Stamp #134
Carabelle Studio Stamp "Edge In My Journal"
AALL and Create Stencil #45
Prima Mechanicals Mini Stars
Mambi Chips - Sweet Memories Value Pack
Mambi Chips - Hello Friend 103/Pkg

Well, that's it from me today.  I hope I have inspired you to get out your colour wheels and use them to create amazing colours!

To enter this months Colour Wheel Challenge and be in the running to win a fantastic Scrap Matrix shopping voucher simply complete your entry by the end of the month and upload it into the Colour Wheel Challenge on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook page.

Thank you for popping by and happy creating!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment