Friday 14 December 2018

Scrapbook layout ..... by Lynn

Morning Lynn here with another take on this months moodboard.  Today I have a scrapbook layout that I did of my son on his recent trip to Sweden.





I have gone with the Triad method on the colour wheel - using blue, red and yellow





I began with two of the pages from the 7 Dots Studio Airmail Collection.   When putting them together I did not seal the centre as I was unsure at this stage if I would be poking tags etc in, so I let the double sided tape protector on and pulled a bit through so I could easily seal it later.



I have applied a layer of clear gesso over the entire page before starting so my inks wouldnt soak into the paper.


To apply the Distress Oxide I have rubbed the ink pad on a piece of transparency and then spritzed with water before dabbing the transparency around my page.  I did this one colour at a time - and dried in between colours.


Once I was happy with the colour I then applied the same colours with a paintbrush to give splash marks only


Using tags and stickers from the 7 Dots Airmail collection I created a photo matt.  I then wanted to stamp the words using the Tim Holtz foam alphas.   I find using a stamping platform the best option when you have more than one letter in your word and to get a perfect dark image.



for the final touches and to complete my Triad colour scheme I have added splashes of yellow paint around the layout.  I have used Paper Artsy Zesty Zing for this as I wanted the yellow to stand out a bit.  


Here are some close ups:






I hope that you find time to complete a project - layout, art journal page, cards, ATC's, canvas etc and enter this months challenge.  It is very easy to enter - just upload your photo in our Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook group and let us know one product you used that is available in the Scrap Matrix store.

You have until the end of December to enter and be in the running to win an instore voucher :)

List of products used:


Til next time - Happy Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment