Wednesday 10 October 2018

You've Got Mail Mini Album - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrap Matrix Lovelies!!

It's Karyn here and this is my second post this month as a guest DT member for Scrap Matrix!! The Scrap Matrix challenge for October is "You've got mail".

I decided to create an mini album using a single sheet of 12x12 paper! Here is a pic of the finished album. it contains 16 pages and is approx 3" x 3" in size.




Here is the challenge inspiration pic.




I've used a sheet of 12x12 white cardstock to demonstrate how to make the mini-album base. The first thing I do is check that the sheet of cardstock/paper is 12"x12". Then score every 3" both horizontally and vertically (see dashed lines), then fold along these lines. When you are folding just do a gentle fold so the paper doesn't break. After scoring I cut where the solid line is shown. 



 Here you can see the folding and the cutting. The direction of folding is specific so the paper has a concertina effect (fold one way then the other etc). 


 
To complete the folding start at one end of the paper (the top left corner) then keep folding the paper one way then the other. At the edges ofnthe 12x12 sheet the folding is at the bottom rather than the side - this is what you want! You finish with a stack of pages like this. 


 
Select the spine for the booklet so that you open the first page as you would expect. Then if you hold the next 2 pages together (along the fold) this forms the second page etc. You adhere the pages together so that you end up with a booklet of 16 pages (8 openings).  


 
For my booklet I've chosen this sheet of 7 Dots Studio Garden Party "Fairy lights" paper which I've scored, folded and cut as described previously. 


 
This is what it should look like as it is folded.


 
 
Next adhere the pages using a strong adhesive.  


 
Make sure to line up the edges carefully. 



 Continue with the adhering. On the pages with the fold on the bottom I leave the side edge open so i can add tags. You could also do this on every page if you like. 


 
See the tag opening. 


 
Continue until all folded pages are adhered together. 


 
I add a ribbon (19" long) around the front and back to hold it all together. 


 
Then add a cover. The cover hides the attached ribbon and strengthens the spine. For the cover I use cardstock measuring 3.25" x 6.75"  (with a 0.5" spine). 


 
Now it is time to decorate! I tend to keep it simple. I've used a limited selection of embellishments throughout. I've focssed on word quotes on each page but you could add photos if you prefer. I've used German scraps embellishments, 7 Dots Studio Air mail 6x6 pad,  7 Dots Studio Air mail tags,  7 Dots Studio word stickerswooden envelopes wood veneer, paper clips and mini envelopes. I've cut the pictures from one of the papers in the paper pad. These pictures follow the challenge theme of "you've got mail". I love the vintage pictures of post boxes and envelopes!




Here are photos of each of the pages. Excuse the gold paperclip I had to use to keep the pages open while photographing.



















Thanks so much for stopping by 

Crafty Hugs xx

Karyn

1 comment:

  1. Thats crazy cool !! Love this lil book of creativity!! Thanks for sharing how to cut fold stick, I'll be giving this a go 😊

    ReplyDelete