Tuesday 2 October 2018

You've Got Mail Art Journalling - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrap Matrix Lovelies!!

It's Karyn here and this month I'm lucky enough to be a guest DT member for Scrap Matrix!! Very exciting!! Thankyou so much Vicki and your fabulous Design Team! 

The Scrap Matrix challenge for October is "You've got mail". I decided to create an art journal page.





Here is the "You've got mail" challenge inspiration pic. 


 
I've used a small Dylusions art journal (Scrap Matrix has a large range of journals here ) and I've used Distress Oxides to create my background.The colours I've chosen are Faded jeans, Broken china, squeezed lemonade and twisted citron. I've used a painting with plastic technique to apply them to my page where I stamp the inkpad onto some plastic packaging, spritz with water then "smoosh/stamp" onto and around my page.  




I do this with each colour separately and let the colour dry between each layer. Then I add splats of each colour. 




I also colour some tags to use on my page. I stamp each of the colours onto my craft mat, spritz with water then smoosh the tags into the colour. I let each colour dry then add another colour until I'm happy with the look. 




I wanted to add some texture to my page and the tags so I coloured some white texture paste with the Distress oxides - stamp the ink pad onto your craft mat then add texture paste and mix well. 




I've applied the coloured texture paste through a Prima flower stencil across my page and on the tags in places. This is a great way to create coloured texture pastes customised to the colours of your page. Add more colour for a darker effect. The same tinting technique can be created using oil pastels, Scribble sticks, mica powders, acrylic paints and even watercolour pan paints. 


 


Once this had thoroughly dried I added some stamping using the #2 Aall and Create stamp set and Aall and Create stencil #9. I then created some clusters for my page using tags, German scraps embellishments and sewing thread as well as the star of the page - a stamp! 




Here are some closeups of my page. 


 


Thanks so much for stopping by 

Crafty Hugs xx

Karyn


No comments:

Post a Comment