Monday 8 October 2018

'Special Delivery' By Elisa Ablett

Hi Crafters,

My turn up on the Scrap Matrix Blog today with my first share for the new 
and fabulous October Challenge (You've Got Mail!) over in the Scrap Matrix Shares Group- 


I had so many ideas with this challenge, I was actually going to create a layout about Scrapbooking 'Happy Mail' that we 'buy' ourselves from time to time lol

But then I found this super cute photo of my youngest son, Sam, who loves to collect flowers to give to me. When he was a toddler he would say - 'Schpecial Deliberry' and pucker up for a kiss whilst giving me a handful of flowers. I wanted to preserve this memory with a layout featuring letters and envelopes in the background, cute quotes and flowers !


The products used from Scrap Matrix are as follows: - 


I absolutely adore these Tim Holtz foam cling stamps (they cling to an acrylic block!) 
They are so versatile and a must have in your stash!








Here are some close ups for the finer details - 




Techniques to try - 


1. Swipe your distress ink pad (mustard seed) on your craft mat and spritz with water and then dip your stamp into the liquid, then stamp onto your desired background and dry. Once dry fussy cut your images out.  You could try two-tone effects with different coloured Distress ink pads.

2. Punch a circle ( 1 inch or 2 inch ) out of scrap paper and drip some liquid glue onto it. Carefully roll your twine onto the circle into a circle pattern, so you end up with twine circle embellishments.

3. Secure twine to your page as shown in the main photo, I use twine in this manner to draw the eye from one side of the page to the other for example my journalling and main embellishments on the left side to the photo and embellishments on the right side.

That's it from me today!

I hope to see your amazing creations in the October challenge album or even just to chat over on the Scrap Matrix Shares facebook page.

Hugs 

Elisa xx




No comments:

Post a Comment