Wednesday 21 March 2018

Tam's first Texture Share

Hi everyone, today I'm here to share my first creation for Textures Challenge

Right up my alley!!
I'm a mixed media addict so textures and pastes, paints and stamps appear on just about everything I create.

Recently my daughter attended a prom.  She's just so gorgeous, and I normally prefer 'everyday' pictures but she was wearing the most stunning dress, so I got plenty of shots!



Yep, lady in red!
Red is not a colour I use a lot of and if I do, it's usually in small amounts, but this dress just called for me to go with the red.

I teamed it with neutrals and just let the red shine.


So I began by selecting my background sheet of paper and began by
adding black gesso with a cool stencil from AALL & CREATE.


I knew I wanted my photos to be towards the top of the page so I focused on this area.


 I then grabbed some white cardstock.  I use 'Marshmallow' as it's perfect with water and various mediums -  no need to gesso first.
I then used the 'packaging technique'.  Apply some Dylusions Spray Ink to some plastic (left over packaging is perfect).  Add a spritz of water to get the colour flowing, and then splodge it directly onto your cardstock.


Using a black waterproof ink, stamp your images onto the cardstock.


I then cut out these stamped images.
You could choose to add more colour, but I like them just like this - some quite red, some more white - I love the arty look.

 

Now that my black gesso had dried, I stamped a few stamps onto my background.


I then cut out some pieces from this sheet (designed by the fabulous Fiona Paltridge).


I ended up not using the heart. Lol.


I then began to add it all together.
I adhered the photos using a few layers of foam tape, as I wanted to be able to tuck various tags, diecuts, gauze etc behind the photos.




This also allowed me to tuck the photos underneath.
I bent the petals upwards to give them more dimension.


I then tucked in a few of my favourite metal flowers.


Finally I added my title and a few word stickers plus the all important journaling!


And that is that.
A layout documenting my 'Lady in Red'.


Don't forget to head on over to the Scrap Matrix Shares group on Facebook and add in your creations using different textures/paints/stamping from Scrap Matrix.
There's so much to choose from, Vicki has the latest and greatest on the market!!
 

Just add it to the Album titled "Textures" and let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used in the comments section.
It's that easy - no need for a blog, plus you could win an awesome Scrap Matrix prize!  Vicki is very generous and we LOVE seeing what you come up with.

I'll see you again soon!!

In the meantime you can see more on my BLOG.


Scrap Matrix Products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment