Wednesday 7 March 2018

Smile and Be Happy

Hi Everyone,

Monique back again with my second "All Things Ranger" challenge.

This time, I went to town with paint and colour - using Dylusions Paints and Inks some gorgeous Dina Wakely Stamps.


I have done a quick step by step for this layout, hope you find it helpful!

1.  Scrape some Dylusions Paint in Bubblegum Pink on a piece of black cardstock.  Dry, then apply some Dylusions Paint in Calypso Teal.  



2.  Using the 6x6 13 Arts Stencil "Galaxy,"  stamp some Archival ink in black over the paint. Randomly splatter some white gesso on the background to tone down the colours a touch.




3.  Let's move onto the stamped embellishments.  I got out my two favourite Dina Wakley Stamps.  The Silhouette Woman Stamp, and the Abstract Bloom Stamp.





I then used a technique I have picked up from my gorgeous Scrap Matrix Design Team mate Tammy Klinger.  I sprayed some Dylusions Ink in Bubblegum Pink on an empty stamp packet.  (The picture is of Lemon Squeeze Ink - which I decided not to use.)  


Next, I "splotched" the ink onto some white cardstock and dried it with a heat tool.  I added some "Calypso Teal" Ink the same way, until I was happy with the result.



I then stamped several of the Abstract Bloom Stamps and one Silhouette Woman onto the ink splotches, and then cut all my images out.



NOTE:  I added some Calypso Teal Ink to my Silhouette Woman, and some Lime Green Ink to the leaves of the stamped Abstract Flowers with a paintbrush after I fiddled with the embellishments on my layout and decided more colour was needed.

4.  Let's get back to the layout.  I backed my photos with some black cardstock, and then added another layout with some 7 Dots Studio "Paint Chips" paper - "Glaze."  

5.  I positioned my photo mat on my background, then lightly marked where the edges were.  Next, I added a few layers on the background where the top and bottom of my photos would be.  I used some 7 Dots Studio "Paint Chips" - Glaze paper, some Dina Wakley Media tape, and some German Scrap Baroque Black.


6.  To put my layout together, I added my photos, my stamped images, and some flowers.  I also splattered some watered down Dylusions paint in Bubblegum Pink. Finally, I inked the word "smile" from the 13 Arts "Art Journey" Chipboard and added the words "and be happy" using the Tim Holtz Ideology Label Letters to add a title.
I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial, don't forget you still have until the 14 March to complete your entry and upload it into "All Things Ranger" album in the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook page.

Here is a full list, with links, of the Scrap Matrix products I used:

Dina Wakley Stamps - "Abstract Flowers" and "Silhouette Woman"









No comments:

Post a Comment