Thursday 18 June 2020

Jen's paper hugs.

Hi Everyone!

It’s my turn again and today I’m sharing a few cards.

 At the moment with social distancing we are finding it a little difficult to catch up with friends and family. So I thought I would make some paper hugs. I get a thrill every time I collect the mail and there’s a card for me.  It’s just a pity it’s only at Christmas and birthdays, or sadly when you lose someone.   I read recently somewhere about some primary schools that are sending cards and letters to aged care homes so that the residents don’t feel so isolated.  I thought this was a great idea, my niece and nephew did not. Oh well, sorry grandparents, I did try.

Back to my cards…

I started by playing with Paperartsy’s Fresco Acrylic paints, my gel plate and a few stencils and stamps.  This is very addictive.  I wait for a gloomy, wet day to do this, so the paint doesn't dry too quickly for me.  (There have been a few too many days like this lately.  That's the price you pay for living in the wettest part of Australia.)


 I picked out my three favourites for the card backgrounds. Then with some gel medium, I glued on some torn printed tissuepaper and book pages.


Next, I rummaged through my stash of Paperartsy stamps and grabbed the crosses from JOFY53, little squares from ETS12, and dots from EKD02. I stamped these randomly with Archival Inks. One card I sponged some Snowflake Paperartsy paint through a 7Dots Studio stencil just to give it a bit more character.  I attached these to card bases.


My next step was my little houses.  I used the CarabelleStudio stamps "Our Street" and stamped them onto my other gel-printed papers with Jet Black Archival Ink.  I cut out the individual houses and roofs/rooves(??) and arranged them to my liking.


I attached them to my cards using glue tape and 3D foam.   The sentiment came from my stash and was just stamped onto white cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink and attached with glue tape. 

 





There they are.  All ready to send happy wishes and a warm hug to someone. So why not brighten someone’s day with a paper hug. 

Make sure you share it on the Scrap Matrix Share page on Facebook in the appropriate album.  You will be in the draw for a prize.  Just make sure you mention which Scrap Matrix products you have used.

 

 I think the sun is trying to peek through the clouds.  Finally.

So bye for now.

JEN.

>^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment