Tuesday 16 June 2020

Home....By Tanya

Hi Guys Tanya Here!

How good is everyone's projects this month! And how talented are these artist found on pinterest!

All this talk of home has got me all nostalgic... who has gone back to there childhood home after years of not seeing it and it no longer being in the family?
I spotted my childhood home on Domain for sale recently and knew i needed to go "home" and walk through. I took hubby with me and spent time reminiscing... There are so many happy memories, tinged with sadness as the grand old lady had fallen into a state of disrepair. It is an old home built in the late 1800's. Though time hasn't been kind, nothing can shake that feeling of being back home. 
I kept the color pallet paired right back, drawing inspiration from the old faded green paint on the house (I remember dad painting it, "Granny Smith Apple Green", as a child I thought it odd that a paint would be named after a fruit!) 
I used Paper Artsy paints in these tones...The primary color I used was Green Patina

I grabbed a magazine and did a rough image transfer of some print, like I have shown in previous tutorials.
 Next using a pallet knife I dragged paint up and down in a band across white heavy weight cardstock. and then using a Paper Artsy stencil sponged white gesso through very roughly. ( At this point it reminded me of old peeling wallpaper where the newspaper underneath is revealed)

 I then added some stamping onto deli paper and used it to create some more layers sticking it down with gel medium and adding my photos that I had matted onto black card stock.
I finished with writing the verse from a song on a strip of black card.

For my last project I did a quick tag...
 I simply sponged on white Gesso through a Paper Artsy stencil , and then repeated with Paper Artsy paints.


I added some painty drips with Dina Wakley Gloss sprays.
I then Stamped a art By Marlene girl on white cardstock, Fussy cut her out the colored with a lead pencil and blended it with a paper stump.

Well that is it from me... I think i have rambled on long enough about non art related stuff!

Until next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment