Wednesday 10 June 2020

And the World Came Together...


Hi everyone!

Here we are in June.  Probably one of my favourite months of the year, (and not because of my birthday).  
I like June because the temperature finally starts to fall and the mornings are a bit nippy.   The early morning air is crisp and usually the sky is crystal clear and the stars shining brightly.  I used to enjoy sleeping in, but I don't often get the chance nowadays.  My household wakes up at 4:30am. 



 Enough about me,  I have a journal page for you today, (I've used my large Dylusions Journal).  I’m not sure where the idea came from.  I do spend parts of my day looking a Pinterest and Instagram and all the crafty people on social media.  I could have seen something like it, or something very similar, but this is my take on it. 



I wanted something soft for the background, something that looked a little like the sky. I’ve used Paperartsy Fresco paints.  The colours I chose were Antarctic, Mermaid, Summer Sky, Seaglass and Lilac.  I sponged blocks of colour over my page leaving a space in the centre for the heart.  Next I used one of my favourite TCW mandala 6 inch stencils and sponged more colour over the page.
Next I stamped my Paperartsy stamps EM 60, EM63 and EM50 using Archival Inks in Sky Blue, French Ultramarine and Pink Peony randomly over the page.  Then using my white and light blue Posca pens I added some highlights.
  



The next bit I did while home schooling my 11 year-old niece and nephew.  I have a new appreciation for teachers.  (Trying to explain fractions, decimals, adverbs, similes and metaphors is not one of my strong points.)  I used my Art by Marlene collage papers to make my little houses.  I sat at my kitchen table cutting out squares, rectangles and triangles while my two ‘students’ looked at me as if I had lost the plot.  I also cut out my heart shape from these papers as well.   ( Sorry about the glare in the photo). 




My next step was to paint my world in the centre.  Again I used PaperartsyFresco paints in Green Patina and China.   I wanted to create the illusion of land and water but most of it got covered by the heart.  I outlined the planet with a black Pitt pen and smudged it.  In hindsight I should have used grey.  (Sigh! Too late now. )  I attached the heart and houses using matte gel medium.  I doodled again with my white Posca pen and went around the edges of my houses with a grey water colour pencil and a wet paintbrush.  I added the quote “And the world came together as the people stayed apart.” (Jennifer Wagner) in Posca pen as well.  




And that’s it.  All done.  Luckily for me the kids are back in school and I only have to put up with them for a couple of hours after school.   I just hope the sun comes out soon.   

Jen.
>^.^<