Monday 24 June 2019

'You make life more Beautiful' by Elisa Ablett

Hi everyone!! 

It's still Art by Marlene month over at Scrap Matrix Shares and the June album is overflowing with gorgeous creations. Make sure you share your projects with us over on the Shares page :-) 

Here is the link to the challenge album - 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

It is my turn up on the blog today with my latest project for the June Challenge - a bright, funky and colourful scrapbooking page with a great quote. I wanted to use a photo of my lovely niece Faith and I think the unique and colourful design of the page and the products suit her personality!

Let's take a look at some of the products used from the Scrap Matrix Store -

4.5x8.5" Tim Holtz - Patchwork CubePainterly Flower 3.0

Die Cut Sheets Set #3 Die Cut Sheets Set #4


and lets take a closer look at the details.



I started with 13Arts water colour inks in the background and then fussy cut and adhered the collage paper shapes over the water colours. I also used a white gel pen to outline the shapes. I also cut some of the collage paper into strips to layer underneath the photo cluster.



I also 'smooshed' water colour inks onto another piece of white cardstock and then once dry I stamped a few of the 'Painterly Flowers' and fussy cut them out and added some white detailing using a white gel pen. Layer around the photo with die cuts from the die cut blocks by Art by Marlene.


Add some detailing to your corners using a black ink pad, a layering stencil and a distress tool. Smooth black ink through the corners of the stencil, fading the ink away further from the corner.  Add a bright and funky banner die cut over the top.


I also twirled some crafting wire and tucked underneath the flower cluster as shown in the main photo. The title was stamped onto white cardstock and then fussy cut out and adhered to the page. 

Add a scribbly border to the page as well to add extra interest and you are finished.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, I hope you have enjoyed seeing how my layout came together. 

hugs x

Elisa 





No comments:

Post a Comment