Thursday 14 March 2019

2nd project for "teal and purple" moodboard .... Lynn

Hi Everyone, Lynn here to share another art journal page that I have created using the moodboard for March

No photo description available.

I have taken inspiration from the second photo on the left hand side of the hexagon bed cover to create the background of my page






I have used paper artsy fresco finish paints in the teal and purple shades.  Once dry I have used the snow white paper artsy paint through a hexagon stencil.   To add some interest in the page I have adhered some torn dictionary pages around the edges.  The pink tape on the right of the photo is the washi tape down the centre of the page. I find putting washi tape down stops any ink running into other pages through the seams.







I have added white paint and a brayer to push the colour to the background.  I also wanted to take away the starkness of the dictionary paper so I have applied some scribble sticks and water.





I have used a paper artsy stencil and black ink .  Once the ink was dry I have gone over the stenciled area with a black paint pen.


Once the black was dry I have done over it with a white paint pen to get a more defined but yet a second layer background effect.

For some final touches I have added a butterfly as my feature with some smaller butterflies and words.


Here is a list of products used with links to the Scrap Matrix store:












I hope that you are inspired to enter into this months challenge - all you have to do is upload your layout, card, project, canvas, art journal page onto the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook page and tell us at least one product that you have used that is available in the Scrap Matrix Shop.

I hope to see your projects there.

Til next time - happy crafting :)











No comments:

Post a Comment