Sunday 19 November 2017

Tammy's step by step using 7Dots Hazy Days

Hi everyone

Tammy with you today to show you how I created my layout using the 7Dots Studio range Hazy Days.

This month the challenge over at Scrap Matrix Shares is to create using 7Dots.

There is so much 7Dots goodness at Scrap Matrix, so get creating and upload your creation to Scrap Matrix shares to win a store voucher!

Here's what I created with some of the Hazy Days Collection:


Yep, my usual bright style!!



I began by coating background paper in clear gesso.

This gives all the paint and mediums something to sit upon, rather than soak into the paper.


I then got out my Prima Watercolours in Tropical, and began adding colours to the background, ensuring there was plenty of water to make the paint run a little.


I kept adding colour until I had a bit of a mess!!



At this point, I got so involved in the process that I forgot to take photos!!

Whoops.  I'll add what I can.

I grabbed some bronze coloured flowers, and then decided that I didn't like the look of the bronze with the rainbow colours, so instead of searching for different flowers I changed them up!!
I simply added white gesso and then sprayed with my favourite Dylusions Ink Spray - Polished Jade.


I added a few tags and layers behind my photos, and added cardboard under these to give them height.


I then began to add lots of metal flowers and paper flowers to my background sheet, I glued them directly on top of the colours.
This is the part I forgot to get photos of. Whoops!

I painted them in white gesso, and then added colour to some of them (I left a few white), using the Prima Watercolours.

Most of the paper flowers that I used were white, so I sprayed them with Dyluions Ink Spray, to get strong, vibrant colours.
I LOVE that about white flowers - change them to suit your layout.


I wanted my flowers to look like they were cascading down the page.
 
I then added in some German Scrap and added stamping  using the Hazy Days Stamp Set
I adore those paint flick stamps!!!!


I added some of the 13 Arts Dried Roots in black - I poked it in and around the flowers, and really like how this pulled the whole page together.

Time to add some word stickers 


When I stood back and looked at my layout, I felt the large flowers which I had coloured with Polished Jade Ink Spray looked like they needed something extra, so I cut down a trim and added these to the centres.


Finally and most importantly my journaling.
 
 
A very important message for my beautiful girl. 
 

Here's a few more close-ups of the layout, showing the flower details.






So that's it from me for today, I will be back soon to share another layout using 7Dots.

I can't wait to see your creations this month using all things 7Dots.

 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Prima Finnabair Sunrise/Sunset Flowers
Large White Roses
Bling trim
 
 

1 comment: