Thursday 16 November 2017

7 Dots layout - Guest Designer - Deb

Hello Scrap Matrix friends, it is Deb here, and I am super excited to be guest designing for you all this month.  

I must say a huge thank you to Vicki and the girls for making me feel so welcome. 
I have a step by step process for you of the layout I created with the fabulous 7 Dots Dreamscapes kit I received for the November challenge.  I have added some items – all available from the Scrap Matrix store so be sure to check out the supply list at the end of this novel, lol.




I began choosing  the papers and diecuts, etc, that I wished to use and taking a dauber top I placed it on the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst in Cocoa Bean Copper, and inked all the edges of the tags, diecuts and background paper.  I also used this product to colour some of the string, which I had divided into strands to make it go further.  I also added some of the Lindy’s to the 2 flowers from the kit.   I had chosen a Steam Punk chipboard border and coloured this as well as a length of white mesh tape to finish off the embellishments for the layout.









Once I had all the bits coloured to my satisfaction, I took a Tim Holtz stencil -  “Measured” and using Colour Blast Colour Paste, stenciled across the middle of the background as well as the top left and bottom right corners.
 




Whilst I was waiting for this to dry, I placed the mesh tape in position over the stenciling, and then double matted my black and white photo’s.
To give more texture to my layout, I tore the photo mats using my steel ruler, instead of cutting them.  I like to look of straight cut edges mixed with torn edges.


I didn’t ink these edges.
Once the Colour Paste was dry (it really doesn’t take that long) I started assembling my layout, moving pieces around until I was happy with the result.  I then started sticking everything down with my trust Xpress it Double sided tape and Helmars Acid Free glue.









Before placing the photos onto page, I added foam to the mats to lift them off the rather busy background.

Now came time for the title and finishing touches.  I had some Chipboard Alphabets #1, and I used the Lindy’s to colour these, before adding Stampendous Embossing Ink and Embossing Enamel.  Because the enamel is so thick you couldn’t see the colour under, so I splashed some Lindys over the top.




I added the title to my layout and finished with some 13 @rts Gold Glitter Ayeeda Ink, and some splatters of the Cocoa Bean Copper Starburst from Lindy’s, and finally some Vicki Boutin word and phrase stickers.

My finished layout:



And some close-ups:












Supply list from Scrap Matrix:

I hope my layout has provided some inspiration. 
I will be back later in the month with another layout  xx



 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Deb!!! The texture and interest you have got going on is awesome. And your step by step - I hope some peeps are inspired to give your techniques a go! So lovely to have you here... xxx

    ReplyDelete