Tuesday 7 November 2017

Tammy shares some quick and easy watercolour cards

Hi everyone
 
Tammy here to share a few really quick cards I made recently using watercolour and some simple stamping.




They really were quick and simple.
 

 
 
I used the Prima Watercolours - Tropcial.  Just love these colours.
They have a really nice depth to them.  Some other watercolours I've tried are a bit too washy but these are lovely and intense.
 
I also love that there is a metal lid section where you can mix colours.
So handy.
 

 
For the first card, I just added purple and blue randomly to the background.
 
Once dry, I added a few flicks.
 
I then stamped some of the gorgeous Dina Wakley Abstract Bloom Stamps using archival ink 
You must use a waterproof ink so that it doesn't bleed when water is added.
I cut these out and added to the background with foam tape for extra dimension.
 
I then stamped a sentiment using the Dina Wakley What to Say Stamps .
 
So quick and I love it!!
 
 
 
Card 2 was created by painting some stripes onto the background. 
 
I chose yellow as it's just starting to warm up here and I'm desperate for the sunshine!!
 
I then stamped some Dina Flowers and some leaves.
 
Some of these I left blank and some I added watercolour too.
 
I added them on using foam tape for some dimension.
 
A quick sentiment stamp, and it's done!
 
 
For card 3 I added watercolours to the background along the centre of the card, and worked it outwards.
I was aiming for a paint splatter look.
 
I love the way the colours merge!!
 
I then flicked some black paint onto the card and added another Dina Wakley What to Say stamp.
So quick and easy!
 
 
For my final card I painted a rainbow effect across the card, blending the colours so they merged together.
 
I then simply stamped some of the tiny abstract blooms from the stamp set across the page.  I wanted them to look like they were trailing.
 
A quick stamp with a sentiment, and I was finished!
 


I just love these watercolours and stamps.  I love how they work together. So many options!!
 
Are you a card maker? Or a art journaller?  It doesn't matter what your style, we have an awesome challenge on over at Scrap Matrix Shares.



Create something using watercolour and words, with at least one product available from Scrap Matrix. 
Vicki is offering a voucher to her amazing shop - definitely my favourite place to shop! Just load the photo into the 'Album' section and you will be in the running.
 
If you are more of a 12x12 layout scrapper, I recently created a layout using these products too......you can see it HERE.
 
I'll be back again soon for some more watercolour fun!
 
Luv Tam
xxx
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment