Thursday 10 December 2020

I would like to paint the way a bird sings.

Hi Everyone!

It’s my turn to share my project for the Either/Or challenge.

I’ve chosen to do a page, brights, circles and nice. 

 

Now bright is a bit of a kryptonite for me, but I’m improving.  So here goes…

First I stuck down some torn serviette into my Dylusions journal. I’ve had these for a while, (I think I got then from Kmart).

 


Then I sponged DinaWakley paints over the page. I’ve used Lime, Lemon, Ruby, Magenta, Peacock, Tangerine, Evergreen, Blackberry, Lapis and White.

 


My next step was to sponge more paint through various stencils, (7 Dots Studio and TCW).

 


Then I drew some circles and blocked out the rest of the page with Apricot. (I regret this; I should have used a different colour. Oh well.)

 


I did a second coat.  (I still didn't like it.)

 


I wanted to create a shadow around the circles so I used my Hickory Smoke Distress crayon and blended it with my finger. 


 

I then outlined the circles with a black pen. Adding scribbles and trying my hardest to be messy.  (This is hard for me.) It took a couple more circles before the perfectionist side of my personality would let it go.  (I’m a Gemini; one half chaotic, the other controlling.)

 


I stamped my leaves around the edges of some of the circles and the two birds in the larger circles in Jet Black Archival Ink. (Paperartsy Stamp Set ESN34).  Some didn’t stamp well and I coloured them in with a black pen.


 

I added the quote in pen and that’s it. I hope you like it.  I’ll be back later in the month with more to share. I’ll see you then.  Now it’s time to work on my Christmas gifts. 








Bye for now.

 

Jen.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment