Thursday 3 September 2020

Tam's Colourful Characters......

Hey there creatives!

Tam here to share my colourful characters.......


Cute, quirky little birdies....



So let's take a look at how this page came together....

I began by adding gesso to a page in my large Dylusions Art Journal.

I knew I wanted to create some birdies so I painted some blues onto the background.

I then used a new TCW stencil called 'Lush Petals' and rubbed off some of the paint through the stencil.
It kinda made clouds....




I've been busting to play with these, and as soon as I looked at them I saw feathers and birdy wings and bodies.
I love doing that with stamps, finding alternate uses.




I then cut them out and added colour.




Whilst drying I sketched a branch and some bird shapes.
I began by painting in the bodies.




I then added the branch using Dina Wakley's 'Penny' and 'Umber'.




I then added in leaves using TCW Stencil called 'Herbarium'.
I simply rubbed paint through the stencil with a dry wipe using a combo of Dylusions 'Cut Grass' 'Fresh Lime' and 'After Midnight'.

I then added pen marks to these leaves...




Next I added the bodies and leaves onto the birdies using the stamped images and some TCW Gel Medium.....




Next I went to town adding in some dots and details to the birdies....




Finally I added a quote....




Love that little upside down birdy.....
I hope he never grows up!!
Or actually learns how to act in public!! 
Just be you little birdy.

There you have it!!
So much fun to create.



What colourful creatures can you create for this challenge??

Be inspired by the amazing art and artists found on Pinterest...



Add your entry to the 'Colourful Characters Album' over in our Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares group and let us know in the comments what Scrap Matrix products you used.

yep it's that simple, and you could win a shopping voucher to the store!!

Can't wait to meet your colourful characters....

Wishing you colour and joy.
xx

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! this journal spread .... those quirky birds look amazing. It's such a bright happy page, and such a clever way of using Tracy's stamps to add the detail .... love it!!

    ReplyDelete