Friday 18 September 2020

A perfectly put together mess with Jen.

 Hi everyone! 

It's Jen here again. This time with another character for this month's challenge. 

Just a quick one this time. 

I was having one of those days were nothing was going right, so I turned over the page of my journal and just played with myPaperartsy Fresco Acrylic Paints.  I'm not sure what colours I used, although I think the green is either Gumboots or Beanstalk. 

 

I applied the paints with a dry brush, cleaning it off onto some paper towel when changing colours. 

 


Next I used TCW's Flower Frenzy stencil and sponged Snowflake over it.

 


I then grabbed my Archival Inks and stamped some of my favourite Paperartsy stamps all over the page. ( EM60, ETS24, JOFY76)

 



I had already stamped my Jane Davenport face stamp onto a srap of cardstock and painted it using Dina Wakley paints and added a few details with my pencils.  I had previously tried to used some gel-printed paper for her hair but just painted over it with my Paperartsy paint and added some details using the same stencil.  I decided she needed flowers in her hair, so I added some paint to the scrap cardstock and stamped a few for her.  I cut them out and glued them on.


 

Before I placed her head on the page I wanted to give some definition to her hair with some highlights.  I decided to use Tim Hotz Distress Crayons in Hickory Smoke and Picket Fence, but the Picket Fence didn't show up. I grabbed my trusty Gelatos instead and used Metallic Icing for a nice shimmery highlight.  I painted over the section that wasn't hair with Surf's Up.

Next I printed out my quote and stuck everything to the page.  Here she is... my perfectly put togheter mess.  I hope you like her. 

 

 

(Thanks to all of the amazing artists on Pinterest for sharing their work.)
 

That's it for now. I'll see you next time.

Jen.

>^.^<



No comments:

Post a Comment