Thursday 10 September 2020

Jen's Creatures.

 Hi Everyone!

I'm sharing a couple of journal pages for you to enjoy today. A couple of creatures.

(Thanks to all the artists who have shared their work and inspire us.)
 
  I'm sure you thought that I would create a cat... well, one of them is feline but we'll get to him later. 
 A few of you will know that my surname is Giarraffa, and it's often pronounced jer-raa-fa, (it should be gia-raff-a).  Needless to say that the tall long-necked creature is often associated with the name. As it happens, Triple M radio currently has featured a giraffe in their TV ads.  He's rocking out to a Foreigner song and I immediately think of my youngest brother-in-law whenever I see it.  Inspired by this I created 'Gio' my singing giraffe.
 
He's a little wonky in places, (aren't we all), but I'm very happy with him.  Let me show you how I created him.
 

I started by gessoing a page in my large Dylusions Journal.
First I glued bits of book paper, collage paper and washi tape to the page.  I wasn't sure at this stage where I was going with this.  I printed an image from Pinterest and copied a rough outline of my subject.


I created the background using Paperartsy Fresco Acrylic Paints in Vanilla, Butter and Haystack by sponging them randomly over the page.  Next I grabbed Paperartsy PA Stencil 155 and sponged Cerise over my page, then using Mulled Wine and a whire Posca pen I added some accents.  
 

For my giraffe I used Spring, Beanstalk and Gumboots. The eyes were done with a mixture of Pitt and Posca pens.  I don't own any brown paint.  I'll have to fix that soon.  
 

Next to make the markings on his hide, I sponged two blues onto some spare card.  (I forgot to take a photo of these for my records so I can't really say which ones I used.)
 

I stamped the diamond from Papreartsy ETS44 stamp set and added some detail with my pencils and glued them onto my giraffe. 


My next step was to add some more leaves, because giraffes need something to eat.  I sponged Cerise over some more card and stamped Papersartsy Stamp Set JOFY71 and added highlights with Mulled Wine and white Posca pen. I then placed them on my page. I added the musical notes with a black Posca pen.

And he's done!
 

While I was planning this page and waiting for the paint to dry another animal appeared on the opposite page. I actually got distracted by him because I was having so much fun. 
 

He's my Sun Lion... mainly because of the bright, sunny colours of his mane.
The background was done by sponging Paperarsty paint over the page and adding some stencilled designs to it.
I'm pretty sure his face is done with Zesty Zing and Tangerine Twist paint and details again with Posca and Pitt pens. Then starting with the darkest colour (Cherry Red?) I painted some lines.  I think I used Coral next once the darkest was dry and then Tango, Tangerine Twist and Zesty Zing until I was happy. I think I was smiling the entire time. It may have been drizzling outside and he just perked me right up. 

Well that's it.  My two character creatures.  I've no idea what I'll do next. I guess we'll just have to wait and see... 

Jen 
>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment