Saturday 18 July 2020

Jen's Mini Canvases

Hi Everyone!

It’s a glorious day here in Far North Queensland.  It’s a lovely 24C, (with 62% humidity), and the sun is shining.  Are you southerners jealous?  Don’t worry, there’s more rain forecast in the coming days and the humidity will skyrocket to 95% leaving everything damp and clammy once more. That’s the price you pay for living in paradise.  Excuse me; my washing machine is calling me…

…I’m taking full advantage of the free solar and wind energy today.

 I’m back again with my projects for the Mini Madness challenge.  While I didn’t have any trouble deciding what to do with my first project, the second didn’t come easily.  After a bit of ‘research’ online I decided to do some mini canvases.  One of the problems of living in a rural area is the lack of crafty stores in the immediate area, (which is why I shop at Scrap Matrix).  Sadly my local options are K-Mart, the local overflow stores and my friend who is a Kaszazz consultant.  Luckily one overflow store has mini canvases for less than $5 which suits my budget down to the ground.


I’ve created three canvases, (well actually four, but the first one was such a complete disaster it’s on my desk waiting for a black gesso makeover).  I’ve used Paperartsy Fresco Acrylic Paints on all of them with mostly Paperarsty stamps.  The technique is relatively simple.  I’ve blended three colours of the same hue with a brush and my fingers, (I think Gumboots might be my new favourite colour), and stamped with Archival Ink.  Let’s have a closer look at each one.


Number 1...



I've added some old music paper here with gel medium.


I've stamped my main images onto the canvas.  Stamp Set ESN 34...


...and again with clear embossing powder onto print.(Very had to photograph. My apologies if you can't see it.) I cut out the birds and attached them with 3D foam.  I added some Tim Hotltz Stickers.


Number 2...



This time I've used Carabelle Studio stamp sets Kooky Cats and Round & About.


Finishing with white Posca doodles and Tim Holtz sticker. The cats were stamped onto a piece of cardstock painted with Butter and Nougat and detailed with a purple pencil.

Number 3...



Lastly I thought I'd try circles rather than lines and was quite pleased with the result.
I've used Paperarsty stamp set EKD02...

...and once again finished with a Tim Holtz sticker.
Easy peasy.
(The birds were coloured with pencils).

My niece has claimed the Kooky Cats. I barely had time to photograph it before she had hidden it in away her bag. I'm sure the others will find homes in no time at all. 
That's all from me for now. 

Jen.


>^.^<



(Thanks to all of the artists who share their creations on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment