Thursday 14 May 2020

May Challenge: citrus anyone? - Journal page




Hello,
Citrus anyone? When I saw this, my first thought was lemons - so I took the challenge literally!
 A little bit of thinking outside the square and I had no idea how this would turn out.
 It was good fun to just experiment.




Lemons ..... I wondered if you could use them for mark making, a bit like the old potato printing. So I cut up some lemons and left them to dry out for a week. What I found was after a week they were dry on the outside but were still quite juicy on the inside. Possibly needed to be left longer but I will try again another day!




To start my page I glued a variety of tissue paper and stamped  from Tracy Scott set ETS37  which I a covered with gesso. I used  a mixture of ordinary gesso and clear gesso where I wanted the tissue to be more predominant.



I coloured the page with paint which I watered down to soften the look. I have used Paper Artsy Zesty Zing and Dina Wakley Lime and Tangerine



Along the side I printed with the lemons. I loved the effect. 
I could see definition of the flesh in the paint splotches.
 I painted the lemon shapes with Paper Artsy Slimed and Coral, along with Dina Wakley Magneta. 
To finish the lemon shapes I have used coloured Sharpie pens. I pencilled the wording on the page before finishing the page with black markers and pens.




I hope you have as much fun with this challenge as I did. 
Great colours to work with and the possibilities are endless.
 Enjoy crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment