Monday 4 May 2020

Citrus Anyone? - May challenge - Cards







Hello Everyone,
I have had a lot of fun in my craft room lately. I have rediscovered many hidden treasures and had time to be a little adventurous with others. This month has a wonderful colour palette and was a lot of fun to work with. All of these cards are so different, however they all started with the same base.




I started with a 12 x 12 white card and using  the back of a square shaped art foamy, I painted a random background using the following citrus colours: Dina Wakley Lime, Tangerine, Magneta and Lemon, along with Dylusions Calypso Teal. This piece will make four cards. Before adding the next layer, I cut the card in half and put half to one side.




On the next layer, I painted circle shapes using the back of an art foamy once again. This time I used Neon paints in green, pink, orange and yellow. I love these paints as they just pop on the page.






For the last layer, I grabbed some stencils and added these using the same paints as the base layer.




For my first card, I have used half of the piece that I put to one side. I had recently bought a bundle pack from Scrapmatrix filled with all sorts of trinkets including this chipboard shape. I used this as a mask and sprayed Oxide Sprays Cracked Pistachio and picked raspberry. Once the shape had dried, I added some black paint and glued to the card. I finished off with some black splashes.





The base of this card is the second half of this card stock. Stepping out of my comfort zone, I had a play with this Paper Artsy stamp set by Tracy Scott. ETS37  And can I say... so much fun! This stamp set is so easy to use and the possibilities are endless. This made a very quick and easy card.




The next two cards are made using the base with all the layers. For this card I have used part of the TCW stencil - Botanical Dream. I traced part of the stencil and coloured this with a black marker. The wording is from Art By Marlene sticker sheet.





One square left for this funky card. The edging is from Paper Artsy Stamp set by JOFY - JOFY80. I have coloured the Dylusions Dy-cut with the same colours from the background and once again used the wording from Art By Marlene sticker sheets.







One afternoon and I have four fun cards - each so different. I hope you have enjoyed this read and look forward to seeing your creations. 
Have fun in your craft space and stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment