Friday 13 April 2018

March challenge Layers & Texture - Helen's 2nd share

Hello, hello, welcome back to the Scrap Matrix Blog, it's Helen with you today, sharing my second project using layers and texture.

I chose to use tags and lace to create texture, as well as a new stencil and other bibs and bobs from my stash.
I started by using a gorgeous new stencil from Paper Artsy PS085
to create interest and texture around the photo.
Using Light and fluffy texture paste through the stencil, I allowed it to air dry before adding highlights to the edges with Gelatos and splashes of teal ink from Ranger Distress Oxides.
I tried some teal gelato, but preferred the look of the peach gelato, so I went with that colour.

Liquitex white gesso and then I applied
The chipboard is really versatile; easily snipped into pieces to add interest in three spots.
The apricot coloured bloom is from Petaloo.
The layered clusters contain tags and circles from 
I used German scrap lace on the border at the bottom and highlighted the edges with Gelato.

There's still a couple of days left for you to play along with this texture challenge and be in the running for a generous prize from Vicki Christensen, the owner of Scrap Matrix.

Thanks for visiting and for any comments you may care to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment