Monday 2 April 2018

Tam's Second Texture Share

Hi Scrap Matrix fans!
 
I've popped in today to share my second creation for the 'Texture' Challenge.
 
I'm loving this challenge and seeing all your entries.  You still have until the 14th of April to get these in, and today being Easter Monday, is a great chance to get some creative time in.



Lots of colour (as per usual!)


I had a lot of fun creating the feathers....


So let's start with how it all came together....
 
I began by adding white gesso to black cardstock. I kept this to the top of my layout......where I want the colour to be.


I then added Dylusions Ink Sprays in Pink and Lemon Zest. The yellow and pink blended together to create an orange colour....love when things you don't expect just happen....

 
Whilst waiting for this to dry, I grabbed some 'Marshmallow' cardstock - my favourite as it copes with Mixed Media and water without any prepping. I also got out ALL of my Dylusions Ink Sprays.....aren't they just beautiful!
Using the 'packaging' technique I sprayed each colour onto some old plastic packaging and then splodged it directly onto the cardstock.

 
I then got out this gorgeous stamp from AALL & CREATE. This one's designed by the fabulous Fiona Paltridge and I've been busting to give it a whirl.
I stamped the feathers onto the colour.
 
 
I also used a Kinder Kreations feather stencil and traced some feathers onto the colours.

 
I then got busy cutting all of these out.

 
I then went back to my background.
I added some black gesso using a 13Arts 'XOXO' Stencil
 
 
I then added White Gesso using another 13Arts Stencil.
Lots of texture!!!

 
Whilst this is all drying, it's time to work on the photo, and the layers around it.
 

I added loads of layers - papers, tags, stickers and my title around my photo.
I attached this to my layout using foam tape to lift it off the background.
 
I also added Mesh Tape to my background, I love the texture this gives.
I also added some German Scrap to the top of my layout and a strip below my photo.
 
 
I added colour to some lace as well to add more texture.
 
 
At this point there seemed too much colour (I know, can you believe it!!) So to balance this I added a black border to my photo, and also added the white die cut flowers in a cluster.  These are cut from the Heidi Swapp pack.
I wanted these to look like a dreamcatcher with all the feathers cascading down so I also added some flowers which I coloured with Dylusions Ink Spray.
 
 
 

I cut some feathers from the 13 Arts Strength in Numbers Paper to add in too.

 
As you may have noticed, this layout tells a story.
It has a theme - feathers, wings and free.
My daughter collects dreamcatchers, so I was inspired by that when putting this layout together. 
I also wanted my journaling to fit into this theme.
I even added the cutest little metal wing charms on either side of the photo - right where my girls wings are!
 
 


Well that's it from me today.
 
As I mentioned above, there's plenty of time to enter our 'Texture' Challenge - there's even a guest DT spot up for grabs - we'd love you to come and PLAY with us. So get creating and add your entry to the Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares group - specifically in the 'Textures' Album, and don't forget to list the Scrap Matrix products used. It really is that easy.
 
You can see my list down at the end of this post (yep it's a long one, but I adore Scrap Matrix Products!!!)

 
 
Black Bazzill
Marshmallow Cardstock
Dylusions Ink Spray - Crushed Grape
13Arts Stencil - Aria Song
Mesh Tape
 

1 comment: