Sunday 22 April 2018

Are You Ready to Play Monochromatic Tic Tac Toe?

Good morning everyone,

This morning I am popping by the blog to share my take on the Monochromatic Tic Tac Toe challenge happening at the moment at Scrap Matrix.

So, for this challenge, the first thing you have to do is pick a colour.  You may combine that colour with neutrals - white, black, grey, kraft etc, and you can use shades of that colour.  However, you may not use any other colour on your layout besides your selected colour.

As you can see, I chose Blue:

Next, you use the Tic Tac Toe mat and choose a line - horizontal, vertical or diagonal - and use the three elements from that line.

So, here is the Tic Tac Toe Mat:



In this instance, I chose the vertical line on the right:

Pretty Patterned Paper
Lace
Paper Flower

Fairly easy right?

To create my layout I chose a paper from the 7 Dots Studio Northern Lights (what paper range is prettier -  right?) called "Frosted" as my base.  I added some texture paste with 6x6 Prima Flower Stencil.  I then added some colour.  First I put down some Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray Ink in Danny Zukko Denim, then to match the pops of deep blue on the paper, I went in with "London" from Prima Watercolours Odyssey set.  
Next, I swiped some white Crackle Texture Paste  randomly onto my background.  I waited a while for this to dry, by the way.  You can dry it with a heat tool, but the crackle texture won't be as deep or as pronounced.  
Once dry, I went in and stamped another layer on using the script stamp from 7 Dots Studio Paint Chips range, and some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo.  I deliberately chose Distress Oxide Ink because of the effect it gives once wet - and I was planning on going in again with "London" from the Prima Watercolour Odyssey Set as I wanted to "balance" my colour more.  

Once I was happy with my background, I started to work on colouring my embellishments to stick with the "Monochrome" aspect of the challenge.  I diecut some leaves and swirls from the "Board Games" paper from 7 Dots Studio "Northern Lights" range.  I got this  lace and sprayed it with my Lindy's Stamp Gang Ink, and I painted my chipboard with Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint in Marine.

I layered my photo with some gorgeous paper from Stamperia (If you haven't seen this paper yet, I highly recommend you check it out here - it's divine!) and some muslin.  

Finally, I put the whole thing together with some random flowers from my stash.

Here are some close ups:




Here is a complete list of the products I've used that are available in the Scrap Matrix shop:


Well that's it then - don't forget, if you want to join in the fun of the Monochromatic Tic - Tac - Toe challenge, simply pick a colour to work with, pick a line of the grid and start playing!
Upload your entry to this month's folder on the Scrap Matrix Shares Page on Facebook by the 14 of May to have a chance of winning some fabulous prizes from Scrap Matrix.

Thank you for popping by the Scrap Matrix Blog today, I hope I have inspired you to play along with our challenge this month.




No comments:

Post a Comment