Tuesday 6 February 2018

Monique's Second "Holiday" layout.

Hi everyone,
Monique here sharing my second layout for January's Holiday Moodboard Challenge.

As a refresher, here is the gorgeous Moodboard:



Such a cool moodboard.  This is what I created.  
This time I went all painty and fun - going with the fun my son was having when I took the photos. He was having such an amazing time, and I wanted to capture that mood.


Here is a brief step by step for this layout.

1.  Brush some clear gesso onto the base of your layout.


2.  For the base work, spray some Dylusions Ink (I used London Blue and Cut Grass) onto a plastic packet - I used the stamp packet from the stamps I used, and then "splotched" it onto the cardstock.  I kept cleaning the plastic, and adding more spray, until I was happy with the result, make sure you dry your base page between ink applications to avoid too much mixing of colour.

Next, I flicked on some of the Dylusions Ink Bubblegum Pink.  I scraped a bit of black paint onto the cardstock, then I used the 7 Dots Studio, Cotton Candy Dreams - stars stencil and a baby wipe to wipe off some paint, leaving the star pattern in the black.

Finally, I was happy with the result.



3.  Use the same "Splotching" technique with more Dylusions London Blue and Cut Grass on another piece of white cardstock.  It's important to dry between applications of colour to make sure your colours don't mix so much.  Next, stamp your circles onto the coloured cardstock.  I used these Paper Artsy stamps.  Cut out your circles and set aside.  


4.  Next, cut some matching strips of paper.  I used 7 Dots Studio Paint Chips Papers Razzleberry and Aquamarine, I layered this with some washi tape and some black and white drinking straws.  Then I backed my photos with some black cardstock and added them to the layout.



5.  Finally, I added the circles, and some more embellishments from 7 Dots Studio Paint Chips range and some chevron chipboard which was inked black.

Finally, I splatted on some more Dylusions Bubblegum Pink and some watered down Gesso.

My title "Holiday" came from a 13 Arts Chipboard Set - I simply inked it in black.

Here is the final layout with some close - ups:






Here are the products I used from Scrap Matrix.


Well, that's it from me for now.  Don't forget you still have time to get your entries in to join the Scrap Matrix Holiday Moodboard January Challenge.  Once done, simply upload your entry into the January Moodboard Album on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Page.

Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous creations.

Monique xx


No comments:

Post a Comment