Wednesday 28 February 2018

'Sweet Life' by Elisa Ablett

Hi Everyone!! 

Elisa here from the design team with my latest layout, another 'gasp' mixed media layout 😉😉😆.

This one is also based on this months challenge, ALL THINGS RANGER!

To create the background I used the mini circle gel press plate along with my Dina Wakely Scribble Sticks. I wet the gel plate slightly and scribbled a wet scribble stick onto the gel plate and then lightly spritzed with water. Then i used the gel plate as a stamp and stamped coloured circles on my page. Repeat with different colours! then using a black dylusion paint pen add scribbled grungy marks around a few of the circles.

Don't forget to visit the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Group to enter into the challenge.

Here is the finished layout - 



Here are some close ups of the finer details....



Another technique I used to create the background is to dab ink through a Ranger Stencil to add some dimension to the page and also create a flow across the page. 



I was messing around with the Dina Wakely Scribble Sticks and stamping and Holy Moley I love stamping with them. All you have to do is coat your stamp with the scribble stick of your choice and spritz with water. Then stamp onto your page. I then used a paintbrush to add some of the liquid to colour in the stamped image and let dry and then i fussy cut them out! I layered them all around my photo and chipboard circle. 


Add some splashes of Dylusions Sprays to your page to add a little bit of shimmer :-) 


I also matted my photo in coordinating paper by 13arts, the designer is Fiona Paltridge and the collection is strength-in-numbers. Awesome collection!

Here are a few of the products from Scrap Matrix that I used to complete this layout -




Image 1







Dina Wakely Scribbly Flower Stamps - available to order


Well that's it from me today, don't forget to get your entry into this month's challenge.

Hugs xx

Elisa 



No comments:

Post a Comment