Friday 22 December 2017

My Paper Artsy Challenge "Sisters"

Hi Everyone,

How are you all going with your challenge this month?  I am popping by the blog to share my challenge layout.

For this challenge, I went way out of my comfort zone, for a start I used no patterned paper at all - simply unheard of for me...lol...



I used this gorgeous stamp available at Scrap Matrix


Then I stamped a whole heap of various flowers on white card.  

Next I painted them all with the gorgeously bright Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint.

While they dried, I took out a piece of white cardstock and stamped some more flowers diagonally down the page.  I then painted them with the Dina Wakley paint too.  Something I have learned over time is how to create balance on my page.  Basically, large is heavier than small, and dark colours are heavier than light colours.  So, when stamping, if I had a large image at the top, I was careful to either cluster a few smaller images, or paint the large image in a light colour, and the small image in a darker colour.
While I waited for all the paint to dry, I worked on my photo mat.  I cut a strip of black cardstock, and simply layered across some drywall mesh, some washi tape, some lace and some of these gorgeous German Scrap Renaissance Petite Black paper strips.

I backed my photos in some red coloured, and then put it all together.  I then adhered  the photo mat across the base cardstock.  Once I cut out the other painted images, I layered them over the flowers painted on the base cardstock to add depth to my page.


I used the "sisters" word from the 13 Arts Art Journey chipboard sheet.

Here are some close ups:




The products I used on this, available at Scrap Matrix, include:

Paper Artsy Stamp EK D06

That's it from me for now.  Hope you enjoyed my post, and don't forget to have a go at this month's challenge.

Monique xx

No comments:

Post a Comment