Wednesday 6 December 2017

"Beautiful Soul" by Monique

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well - I am fabulous now, have just gone on holidays with the fam-bam and I don't have to go back to work for about 6 weeks....gotta love that!!

Today I am sharing the second layout I did with the stunning 7 Dots Studio Hazy Days collection.

It is of my gorgeous niece Paige, who is indeed a beautiful soul.


I went to town on my background page first:



First of all, I applied some Clear Gesso to a piece of Hazy Days - Zip paper, then I applied some texture paste with the 7 Dots Hazy Days stencil, and the 6x6 Prima Checker stencil.

I then added some colour with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray in Cattail Copper Brown and Bayou Boogie Gold, spraying with water to shift the colour around, and drying with a heat tool to stop the colours mixing.

Next, I rubbed my Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch onto my craft sheet and sprayed it with water to make a nice workable ink.  I used my 7 Dots Hazy Days Stamp to stamp some inky images onto my background.

Finally, I rubbed some Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in Bronze Age onto the Chevron Textured Paste pattern to add some extra colour, then sprinkled some Dylusions Ink Spray in Black Marble over the whole thing.


Once I was satisfied with my base paper, I prepared my photo mat, and my embellishments.


I sprayed a piece of old book paper with the Cattail Copper Brown mist, and backed my photo with it, then I use a piece of paper cut from the Hazy Days Slick paper.

The feathers are Kinder Creations Feather set which I painted with some silver paint.

I also used these flowers from the shop, which I painted with the Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch, and some Prima Sunrise/Sunset Flowers. Finally, I painted some large metal flowers with white gesso, then added some Blueprint Sketch ink, and also some Finnabair Metallique Wax.

Only thing left to do was to put it all together, and add a title, which I got from a 13 Arts Strength in Numbers Chipboard sheet.

Voila! Done!


Here is a complete list of the materials I used, with links to the Scrap Matrix Shop:


Well folks that's it from me - hope this has given you some inspiration.  Don't forget, there is still time to join in this month's 7 Dots Studio Challenge over on the Scrap Matrix Blog.  Find out more information here.

Talk to you all again very soon.

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment