Tuesday 10 November 2020

Jen's Tag Ablum

 

Hi crafty people! I hope you are having a lovely day.  


I’m sitting on my back patio enjoying the lovely breeze on this 31 degree day.  Yes, Summer comes early up here, (and stays far too long).  This month’s challenge (Arabian Nights) has me dreaming of cool desert nights, wishing for some relief from our hot, humid nights. The price you pay for living in paradise.


 Today I’m sharing with you my tag album. 

I decided to tidy up my craft room while I was waiting for my parcel of goodies to arrive from Scrap Matrix, and I found some old chipboard albums from Kaisercraft that I was going to do ‘one day’.  Well ‘one day’ finally arrived.  I started by applying gesso to the pieces and allowing them to dry for a few days while still waiting for my goodies.


 I wasn’t sure how it would work out, but I started by applying Dina Wakley acrylic paints with a sponge and my fingers to blend them. 

Next I grabbed a few stencils (Tim Holtz, 7 Dots Studios and TCW). I did two techniques, (1) sponging through the stencil and (2) wiping the excess away with a baby wipe.

When I was happy with those results I grabbed the Art by Marlene stamp set and my gold embossing powder and embossing ink. I randomly stamped these on my tags, (repeating some of the patterns, especially the smaller ones).

For my next step I used the Art by Marlene Collage papers. These I tore into strips and pieces and applied them with Matte Medium.  On a couple I sponged some white paint through my stencil on top of the papers.  I also added some marks with my paint pen.

Lastly I added the Art by Marlene sticker quotes.  To finish it off I added bits of wool, lace, ribbon, thread and some metal elements along with some tassels given to me by my friend. (Thanks Kylie). 

Now this was not so easy to photograph, and my skills in photography are lacking, but I hope you can see how much fun I had making this.  

 







Now don’t forget to join in and add your creations to the Arabian Nights album on the Scrap Matrix Facebook share page.  Have fun!

Jen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment